Re: Bristlebot

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 1, 2008
      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf_nv" <wrigter@...> wrote:

      > To make a catamamran steerable, the connection between the two
      > brushes must be flexible enough to decouple the vibration

      I should have mentioned that my first 'cat' was connected by nothing
      more than double-sided foam tape (DSFT), with just that in mind.
      However, that was not strong enough (when one bot fell over, the
      configuration twisted out of shape). But I didn't have any other
      rubbery platform and went on to use a piece of plastic. And I didn't
      think to use two layers of DSFT...

      So often, the "M" in BEAM is what defeats a project.

      Happy New Year to all.
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 20, 2008
        Ben Micklin wrote:

        > I'm leaving tommorow to go to Parris Island, South carolina for
        > USMC boot camp.

        Good bye, good luck, and god speed!

        > I can't remember how long. If someone could pull that info up I'd
        > sure like to know.

        Here you go!

        Ben A. Micklin, "[beam] Hey you Texas BEAMos...... (ot)", 30 Sep 1997
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beam/message/8731