Re: so many bots so little time

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
      Nice looking toy spider! Yes, that could be hackable...BEAMable!
      Please send us a short video clip of that toy (unmodified) in
      action, if you could. Thanks for sharing it, Mike! And goodluck!
      Take care then.

      ...Harold.

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "tzarkyl" <mikerobe@...> wrote:

      > I'm still pluggin away at prometheus with several redesigns to get
      > the behaviour controller working just right.
      >
      > As some of you may remember that bot was hacked from a toy called
      > commandobot that i got for about $5 but no remote control
      > Well another toy find with no controller....a shiny chrome spider.
      > i've had it for a few months and just cracked her open tonight and
      > wow am i excited about the beamablity of this thing.
      > each side of 4 legs is controlled by a motor through some nice
      > gearing and a great mechanisim that beautifully lifts and swings
      the
      > legs.
      > i haven't measured the lift but it looks close to an inch.
      > i powered each motor to test the movement and forward and reverse
      > works great. i gotta hurry and get promethues finsihed...his
      circuit
      > design will perfectly mesh to this spider (Arachne).
      >
      > check my photos (Mike) to see Arachne
      >

      > Later
      > Mike
      >
      > gotta visit thrift stores more often =)

    • Mike Robertson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
        i'll see what i can do....is you tube the best place or is there something easier that i dont have to sign up for and give away my info and dna profile?  lol

        mike

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
          Ah never mind...i took the plunge and signed up to you tube

          quick vid i made....hope it's clear enough

          i can wait around for the final link...work and all

          user name is tzarkyl

          title is spider robot toy

          gotta run

          later