so many bots so little time

  • tzarkyl
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
      I'm still pluggin away at prometheus with several redesigns to get
      the behaviour controller working just right.

      As some of you may remember that bot was hacked from a toy called
      commandobot that i got for about $5 but no remote control
      Well another toy find with no controller....a shiny chrome spider.
      i've had it for a few months and just cracked her open tonight and
      wow am i excited about the beamablity of this thing.
      each side of 4 legs is controlled by a motor through some nice
      gearing and a great mechanisim that beautifully lifts and swings the
      legs.
      i haven't measured the lift but it looks close to an inch.
      i powered each motor to test the movement and forward and reverse
      works great. i gotta hurry and get promethues finsihed...his circuit
      design will perfectly mesh to this spider (Arachne).

      check my photos (Mike) to see Arachne

      Later
      Mike

      gotta visit thrift stores more often =)
    • Harold
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
        Nice looking toy spider! Yes, that could be hackable...BEAMable!
        Please send us a short video clip of that toy (unmodified) in
        action, if you could. Thanks for sharing it, Mike! And goodluck!
        Take care then.

        ...Harold.

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "tzarkyl" <mikerobe@...> wrote:

        > I'm still pluggin away at prometheus with several redesigns to get
        > the behaviour controller working just right.
        >
        > As some of you may remember that bot was hacked from a toy called
        > commandobot that i got for about $5 but no remote control
        > Well another toy find with no controller....a shiny chrome spider.
        > i've had it for a few months and just cracked her open tonight and
        > wow am i excited about the beamablity of this thing.
        > each side of 4 legs is controlled by a motor through some nice
        > gearing and a great mechanisim that beautifully lifts and swings
        the
        > legs.
        > i haven't measured the lift but it looks close to an inch.
        > i powered each motor to test the movement and forward and reverse
        > works great. i gotta hurry and get promethues finsihed...his
        circuit
        > design will perfectly mesh to this spider (Arachne).
        >
        > check my photos (Mike) to see Arachne
        >

        > Later
        > Mike
        >
        > gotta visit thrift stores more often =)

      • Mike Robertson
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
          i'll see what i can do....is you tube the best place or is there something easier that i dont have to sign up for and give away my info and dna profile?  lol

          mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
            Ah never mind...i took the plunge and signed up to you tube

            quick vid i made....hope it's clear enough

            i can wait around for the final link...work and all

            user name is tzarkyl

            title is spider robot toy

            gotta run

            later