photovore comp.??

  • jabmechtech
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2007
      Hi, JWG.
      In the pics of last years photovore comp, it looked like all the light
      were on.(in the pictures) Will the rules be the same as they are on the
      CNRG site? or differant? I've been testing with only one light and
      moveing it behind obsticles to see if the bots can chase it in 4 mins
      to get to points I've marked on the floor. (goal areas) the
      origanle "solar sumo FRED" just spins in place or dose a realy extreem
      waddle. so It is no good for this.(still cool though)
      Garthem seems to make the distance of 3 1/2' in the 4min time limmit,
      but gets hung up on the obsticles.
      Budge is slightly slower but avoids the shadows and runs for the light
      with quik side to side "waggles" like a 'Dozer' should.
      they are the best I can do for now. Do you think they would be OK to
      compeet in the CNRG?
      I'm hoping for time to build my Shok popper 'Otto bot',but have no Idea
      of what it will do yet.
      When should I register by?
      thanks for the help.
      jab