vbug 1.7 daggerwrist schematic question....

  • Jesse
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      hey everyone! I have a copy of Tilden's handrawn vbug 1.7 walkman
      daggerwrist schematics. anyone know what that coil between pins 2 and 3
      on the 74ALS245 is and whats it for??? it appears to say "H60 coil"
      or "HGO coil" is that a 60uH coil or somthin???

      Anyone know???

      thanks,
      Jesse Meers
    • domenico
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
        Hi Jesse,

        I do no have the response to your question but I've found this, searching on Internet:

        etal.
        Formato file: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
        perature coil anneal of grain oriented 3% Si-Fe serve ... were cut from two coils (designated ... and high permeability (HGO) sheets. These samples ...
        ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/ 20/22843/01060759.pdf?arnumber=1060759 - Pagine simili
        [ Altri risultati in ieeexplore.ieee.org ]

        Recent Problems of Transformer Core Design
        Formato file: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
        loss reduction in transformer cores made with high-permeability (HGO) and ..... waveform of the local flux was measured on each search coil ...
        www.iop.org/EJ/article/1402-4896/ 1988/T24/010/physscr8_T24_010.pdf - Pagine simili

        7.1.2 Crystalline Fe-Si, Fe-Al, and Fe-Si-Al alloys (G. BERTOTTI ...
        Formato file: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
        categories: conventional grain-oriented (CGO) and high permeability ,(HGO) steels. HGO steels are. characterized by a sharp crystallographic texture, ...
        www.springerlink.com/index/0fbuvhurbd201fbx.pdf - Pagine simili

        ScienceDirect - Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials ...
        - [ Traduci questa pagina ]The improvement of core losses (W) in high-permeability grain-oriented (HGO) Si-steels is very important for the industry, and the efforts are continued to ...
        linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0304885301011660 - Pagine simili

        I suppose that the HGO could be an indication (High-permeability Grain Oriented) for the material of the nucleus. So this means that you shall use a high quality nucleus to have a small coil.

        greybear

        Jesse ha scritto:
        hey everyone! I have a copy of Tilden's handrawn vbug 1.7 walkman
        daggerwrist schematics. anyone know what that coil between pins 2 and 3
        on the 74ALS245 is and whats it for??? it appears to say "H60 coil"
        or "HGO coil" is that a 60uH coil or somthin???

        Anyone know???

        thanks,
        Jesse Meers

      • Dave Hrynkiw
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
          Jesse wrote:
          > hey everyone! I have a copy of Tilden's handrawn vbug 1.7 walkman
          > daggerwrist schematics. anyone know what that coil between pins 2 and 3
          > on the 74ALS245 is and whats it for??? it appears to say "H60 coil"
          > or "HGO coil" is that a 60uH coil or somthin???

          The head mechanism on the Daggerwrist is a VU-style needle-pointer-style
          mechanism that swings the eyes left/right. I imagine 60uH is what Mark
          measured the coil inductance to read.

          Regards,
          Dave