MS Paint

  • JIM
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
      Can anyone give me pointers on using microsoft paint. I've been trying
      to draw the schematic for my scorpion project to post here but i cant
      fit it all in the page without making the components so small that you
      can't see them.
      I've tried several free schematic/pcb design programs and haven't found
      one yet that will let me save the schematic in order to post it.
      If i cant get it in paint then I'm gonna stick to treid and true pen
      and paper, it's never let me down yet ;-P

      Thanks in advance for any replies

      Jim
    • Phil McCary
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
        Jim:

        Do you have MS PowerPoint on your computer? It is part
        of MS Office.

        PowerPoint can be used to draw schematic. Furthermore,
        it has logic symbols in its library.

        PhilM

        --- JIM <lightninjim1@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone give me pointers on using microsoft
        > paint. I've been trying
        > to draw the schematic for my scorpion project to
        > post here but i cant
        > fit it all in the page without making the components
        > so small that you
        > can't see them.
        > I've tried several free schematic/pcb design
        > programs and haven't found
        > one yet that will let me save the schematic in order
        > to post it.
        > If i cant get it in paint then I'm gonna stick to
        > treid and true pen
        > and paper, it's never let me down yet ;-P
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any replies
        >
        > Jim

        Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
      • Dan Boate
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
          Also, a PowerPoint slide can be saved in various image formats.

          Dan B

          Phil McCary <phmiii@...>
          Sent by: beam@yahoogroups.com

          07/24/2007 01:00 PM

          Please respond to
          beam@yahoogroups.com

          beam@yahoogroups.com
          cc
          Subject
          Re: [beam] MS Paint

          lightninjim1@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone give me pointers on using microsoft
          > paint. I've been trying
          > to draw the schematic for my scorpion project to
          > post here but i cant
          > fit it all in the page without making the components
          > so small that you
          > can't see them.
          > I've tried several free schematic/pcb design
          > programs and haven't found
          > one yet that will let me save the schematic in order
          > to post it.
          > If i cant get it in paint then I'm gonna stick to
          > treid and true pen
          > and paper, it's never let me down yet ;-P
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any replies
          >
          > Jim

          Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

        • Thomas White
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2007
            Hi Jim,

            For Paint (if you still choose to use it after the previous recommendations of PowerPoint), you should resize the drawing area to your need. To do that, you should:

            - Click on the "Image" menu.
            - Choose the "Attributes" menu item (you'll see the keyboard shortcut for that is Ctrl-E).
            - In that pop-up, set the image Width and Height (either in pixels, inches or in cm).

            I personally over-size my drawing area, then once I'm done, I click in the far-right margin (you'll have to look for a small blue square where the cursor changes shape when over it) and drag the right edge inwards to shrink to fit, and then do the same for the bottom up.

            Hope that helps! And please don't hesitate to ask any more questions if you have any :)

            Regards,

            Tom W.

            P.S. Tip: Once you've decided to save your drawing, if it's in colour, save it as a JPEG, and if in Black & White, as a GIF (or a JPEG if you prefer).

            lightninjim1@... > wrote:

            > Can anyone give me pointers on using microsoft
            > paint. I've been trying
            > to draw the schematic for my scorpion project to
            > post here but i cant
            > fit it all in the page without making the components
            > so small that you
            > can't see them.
            > I've tried several free schematic/pcb design
            > programs and haven't found
            > one yet that will let me save the schematic in order
            > to post it.
            > If i cant get it in paint then I'm gonna stick to
            > treid and true pen
            > and paper, it's never let me down yet ;-P
            >
            > Thanks in advance for any replies
            >
            > Jim

            Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's

            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

          • Myc Holmes
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 13, 2007
              Paint works OK, but take a look at DIPTRACE. It is a schematic and pcb program. The free version allows up to 250 pins. Its pretty easy to use.

              I build a library of BEAM components, email me if you'd like a copy.

              Mycroft2152

              lightninjim1@... > wrote:

              > Can anyone give me pointers on using microsoft
              > paint. I've been trying
              > to draw the schematic for my scorpion project to
              > post here but i cant
              > fit it all in the page without making the components
              > so small that you
              > can't see them.
              > I've tried several free schematic/pcb design
              > programs and haven't found
              > one yet that will let me save the schematic in order
              > to post it.
              > If i cant get it in paint then I'm gonna stick to
              > treid and true pen
              > and paper, it's never let me down yet ;-P
              >
              > Thanks in advance for any replies
              >
              > Jim

              Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's

              http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

            • joshuagalloway73
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
                Hi Jim,

                Have you tried EXPRESS PCB? It has a schematic editor that will let
                you export to a bit-map image file, just like an MS paint file. It
                has lots of chips in its parts library and an excellent quick start
                guide....Also, IT IS FREE!!!!

                here is the link to the download page:
                http://www.expresspcb.com/ExpressPCBHtm/Download.htm

                Joshua