Resistor-Capacitor

  • jing.alcantara
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3 5:08 AM
      Hi Groups,

      Got a question. What component influences the time of the reverser?
      is it the resistor or the capacitor? i want to make the dozer bot turn
      180 degrees when it triggers the reverser.

      regards,

      Jing
    • Harold
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3 5:42 AM
        Hello Jing! The answer is, either of the two components. But in my
        opinion, you can just change the resistor values and not the caps. You
        can also use IC pin sockets (like what I always do), to easily change
        or adjust the resistor values, just like plug and play. Goodluck!

        ...Harold.

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Groups,
        >
        > Got a question. What component influences the time of the
        reverser?
        > is it the resistor or the capacitor? i want to make the dozer bot
        turn
        > 180 degrees when it triggers the reverser.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Jing

      • jing.alcantara
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3 6:05 AM
          Hi Harold,

          Im using a 10uf caps and 100k resistor and it gives me about 2
          sec. of reverse. Do i need to replace the resistor with a higher or
          lower value to make the bot reverse longer?

          regards,

          Jing

          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

          > Hello Jing! The answer is, either of the two components. But in my
          > opinion, you can just change the resistor values and not the caps.
          You
          > can also use IC pin sockets (like what I always do), to easily
          change
          > or adjust the resistor values, just like plug and play. Goodluck!
          >
          > ...Harold.
          >
          > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi Groups,
          > >
          > > Got a question. What component influences the time of the
          > reverser?
          > > is it the resistor or the capacitor? i want to make the dozer bot
          > turn
          > > 180 degrees when it triggers the reverser.
          > >
          > > regards,
          > >
          > > Jing

        • Harold
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3 6:35 AM
            Oh, sorry Jing, I just finished some house chores here. But anyways...

            Yes, just replace the resistors. For longer reverse time, increase
            the value of the resistor. Try 1 meg. The higher the values of the
            resistor, the longer the reverse time. The lower the value, the
            shorter time. Keep it up buddy. :)

            wrote:

            > Hi Harold,
            >
            > Im using a 10uf caps and 100k resistor and it gives me about 2
            > sec. of reverse. Do i need to replace the resistor with a higher or
            > lower value to make the bot reverse longer?
            >
            > regards,
            >
            > Jing
            >
            > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.ilano@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Jing! The answer is, either of the two components. But in
            my
            > > opinion, you can just change the resistor values and not the
            caps.
            > You
            > > can also use IC pin sockets (like what I always do), to easily
            > change
            > > or adjust the resistor values, just like plug and play. Goodluck!
            > >
            > > ...Harold.
            > >
            > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hi Groups,
            > > >
            > > > Got a question. What component influences the time of the
            > > reverser?
            > > > is it the resistor or the capacitor? i want to make the dozer
            bot
            > > turn
            > > > 180 degrees when it triggers the reverser.
            > > >
            > > > regards,
            > > >
            > > > Jing

          • jing.alcantara
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3 6:46 AM
              ok, i got it. the higher the values of both component, the longer
              the time in reverse.

              wrote:

              > Hi Harold,
              >
              > Im using a 10uf caps and 100k resistor and it gives me about 2
              > sec. of reverse. Do i need to replace the resistor with a higher or
              > lower value to make the bot reverse longer?
              >
              > regards,
              >
              > Jing
              >
              > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.ilano@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello Jing! The answer is, either of the two components. But in
              my
              > > opinion, you can just change the resistor values and not the
              caps.
              > You
              > > can also use IC pin sockets (like what I always do), to easily
              > change
              > > or adjust the resistor values, just like plug and play. Goodluck!
              > >
              > > ...Harold.
              > >
              > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Hi Groups,
              > > >
              > > > Got a question. What component influences the time of the
              > > reverser?
              > > > is it the resistor or the capacitor? i want to make the dozer
              bot
              > > turn
              > > > 180 degrees when it triggers the reverser.
              > > >
              > > > regards,
              > > >
              > > > Jing

            • Harold
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3 6:55 AM
                You got it right bro!

                wrote:

                > ok, i got it. the higher the values of both component, the
                longer
                > the time in reverse.
                >

                > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi Harold,
                > >
                > > Im using a 10uf caps and 100k resistor and it gives me about
                2
                > > sec. of reverse. Do i need to replace the resistor with a higher
                or
                > > lower value to make the bot reverse longer?
                > >
                > > regards,
                > >
                > > Jing
                > >
                > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.ilano@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello Jing! The answer is, either of the two components. But in
                > my
                > > > opinion, you can just change the resistor values and not the
                > caps.
                > > You
                > > > can also use IC pin sockets (like what I always do), to easily
                > > change
                > > > or adjust the resistor values, just like plug and play.
                Goodluck!

                > > > ...Harold.
                > > >
                > > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@>

                > > > reverser?
                > bot
                > > > turn

              • JIM
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 3 2:25 PM
                  I don't know if your familiar with this already but there's a simple
                  formula that can help you here: T=RC or T
                  ---

                  The second ones a triangle to help make it easier to transpose the
                  formula. So looking at the triangle the formula for this application
                  would be R= T/C
                  T is in Seconds.
                  R is in Ohms.
                  C is in Farads.

                  Hope this helps for the future.

                  Jim
                • jing.alcantara
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 4 6:48 AM
                    Thanks Jim. I might as well read up on the other equations.

                    regards,

                    Jing

                    --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "JIM" <lightninjim1@...> wrote:

                    > I don't know if your familiar with this already but there's a
                    simple
                    > formula that can help you here: T=RC or T
                    > ---
                    >
                    > The second ones a triangle to help make it easier to transpose the
                    > formula. So looking at the triangle the formula for this
                    application
                    > would be R= T/C
                    > T is in Seconds.
                    > R is in Ohms.
                    > C is in Farads.
                    >
                    > Hope this helps for the future.
                    >
                    > Jim

                  • JIM
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 4 10:03 AM
                      If all you plan to do is build BEAM type circuits you don't need to go
                      too far understanding the basic equations can help a lot.
                      A quick google led me to this site:
                      http://www.hobbyprojects.com/electronic_formula.html
                      Hope its helpful

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 5 6:40 AM
                        ok, i got it. i was able to calculate the value of the resistor
                        with respect to the time needed to reverse the circuit by using the
                        formula. thanks.