Re: Heat-Sensing BEAM bot

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2007
      Yep, there are some changes in the "redrawn" version of bicore tank
      circuit. Let me try those configurations and will let you know the
      results soon. Thanks for the circuit Wilf!

      ...Harold.

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf rigter" <wrigter@...> wrote:

      > Looks great Harold! What voltage are you using for Vmotor?
      > I have also redrawn and renumbered the circuit to simplify
      construction. Will post soon.

      Dave of
      > Solarbotics for the web space. More info. to follow.

    • jing.alcantara
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2007
        harold, you never cease to amaze me. another two thumbs up
        creation! keep it up.

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

        > Oh hi there Wilf! Thank you! I'm just using the same voltage, 3.7
        > volts. And yes, I thought about using higher voltage for the Vmotor.
        > My idea before was to use 2 pcs.of battery pack (2 x 3.7 volts) in
        > series and use a 5v regulator (LM7805). The 5v out will go to the
        > whole circuit while the 7.4v will go to the Vmotor. I can do that
        > later if I could buy another battery.
        >
        > Yeah, I'll try the redrawn version of bicore tank soon. Then I may
        add
        > another battery pack (same voltage) and use a 5v regulator. But I
        hope
        > there's still space to solder the parts, hehe! By the way, only the
        > two 10uF caps (for reverse) were changed right? Now it goes to the
        > ground, hmmmm.... Ok, I have to go now, I'll do that right away.
        I'll
        > keep you again posted. Thanks once again Wilf! ;)
        >
        > ....Harold.
        >

        > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf rigter" <wrigter@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Looks great Harold! What voltage are you using for Vmotor?
        > > I have also redrawn and renumbered the circuit to simplify
        > construction. Will post soon.
        > >
        > > wilf

      • Joseph Charles
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2007
          Blimey, it's another snappy reverser-cap discharger!

          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

          > Yeah, I'll try the redrawn version of bicore tank soon. By the way,
          > only the two 10uF caps (for reverse) were changed right?
          > ....Harold.
        • jabmechtech
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2007
            Hi Harold. Very very cool.Another brilant bot.
            can't wait for the video.
            jabmechtech

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2007
              Thanks guys! I really appreciate your comments, nice!

              Well, right now, I'm re-wiring this bot by using what Wilf just
              shown me earlier, the "redrawn" or another circuit version of the
              bicore tank. I'll see if that would make it better. But actually,
              the original diagram of bicore tank is good. I'm just curious of the
              newer circuit configurations of bicore tank. Please hang on there
              guys while I'll try to speed up the "surgery operaton" of Thermobot.
              I'll keep you posted ASAP. Thanks once again and just enjoy building
              BEAM bots. Cheers!

              ...Harold.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
                Harold wrote:
                > http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net

                Creative as ever, Harold. I look forward to seeing the videos.

                J Wolfgang Goerlich
              • Harold
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
                  --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "J Wolfgang Goerlich" <jwgoerlich@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Harold wrote:
                  > > http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net
                  >
                  > Creative as ever, Harold. I look forward to seeing the videos.
                  >
                  > J Wolfgang Goerlich

                  Oh, thanks JWG! Well, I'm re-wiring this bot since yesterday by
                  following Wilf's another configurations on the bicore tank that he've
                  showed me. The sensors will now be triggered by the negative or
                  ground terminals instead of psitive. Some changes were also made with
                  the circuit, but the physical appearance will stay the same for this
                  bot.

                  'Hope you guys can still wait until it's finally done. I will finish
                  it ASAP and keep you posted. Thanks again and cheers to all!

                  ...Harold.