eBay Auction - Hextile Sheet and Hextiles

  • Your Friendly Hogfather
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2007
      The proper authorities at Los Alamos National Security, LLC (formerly Los Alamos National Laboratory) will be informed this upcoming Monday of this attempted sale of materials stolen from the Lab during the period that Mark Tilden was employed there.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        Hello hello,

        This question is directed mostly towards Wilf, Dave, Wolfgang, or
        possibly our Friendly Hogfather but if anyone else has any info please
        indulge me.

        Is there any published literature that make mention or is devoted to
        turbots? The only references I have been able to find is Living
        Machines and the article by Wolfgang in Servo Magazine. Mark makes some
        promises of more in-depth papers in Living Machines but he does not seem
        to have followed through. I would really like to have some citeable
        material and I hope someone can help me out.

        Thanks,
        Brett
      • krader356
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
          I hope your being sarcastic, as the Hextile Sheet and Hextiles were sent to me by Mark W.
          Tilden himself as the return address on the envelope (he shipped them to me in) verifies. I
          can say with absolute certainty that these items were legally obtained.

          Attached is an image of the return address from the envelope which Mark mailed them to me
          in, as well as, an image the of note written by Tilden that describes the contents of the
          envelope.

          http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/krader356/envelope.jpg

          http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/krader356/contents.jpg

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
            > I hope your [sic] being sarcastic,

            Nope. Neither is this an April Fool's joke.
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
              Your Friendly Hogfather wrote:
              > Nope. Neither is this an April Fool's joke.

              That's too bad, I had hoped it was.

              YFH, though your intentions are surely good, please note that Kyle
              (krader356) has mentioned that Tilden gave him these boards in the
              past. He is well within his right to sell them and far from a thief.

              Regards,