Re: 8 motor walker

  • lightninjim1
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "John Floren" <slawmaster@...> wrote:

      > I don't like to sound condescending or anything, but if you "have
      yet to
      > build my first beam circuit", I strongly suggest trying something a
      little
      > simpler and smaller first, like a photovore or a 2-motor walker.
      Maybe I
      > read your email wrong and you meant you haven't started building a
      circuit
      > specifically for the 8-motor walker. Either way, keep in mind that
      most BEAM
      > builders seem to keep their hands full doing a 2-motor walker :-)
      >
      > Regarding your sensor question: you wanted to know where in the
      circuit to
      > connect the sensors? They will go at the inputs of a neuron; which
      neurons
      > get sensors and where the sensors should go will need to be
      discovered. Read
      > through http://faq.solarbotics.net/nvnet.html if you haven't
      already.

      > Good luck!
      >

      > John
      >

      > --
      > Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

      You read my post correctly. I have actually started building a two
      motor walker(mostly the body), i still have to salvage chips yet but
      hopefully that wont be long.
      I'd like to thank you for your concern but i have no intention of
      jumpimg into deep water before i can swim.
      My point about sensors was probably a bit misleading, i meant i
      didn't know if i wanted a leg to lift higher would i need to affect
      the controlling loop or would it be the leg control chain, upon
      reflection i can actually see the answer will probably be simple
      enough. Thanks though.
      Anyway lesson learned!
    • John Floren
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        On 2/1/07, lightninjim1 <lightninjim1@...> wrote:

        > You read my post correctly. I have actually started building a two
        > motor walker(mostly the body), i still have to salvage chips yet but
        > hopefully that wont be long.
        > I'd like to thank you for your concern but i have no intention of
        > jumpimg into deep water before i can swim.
        > My point about sensors was probably a bit misleading, i meant i
        > didn't know if i wanted a leg to lift higher would i need to affect
        > the controlling loop or would it be the leg control chain, upon
        > reflection i can actually see the answer will probably be simple
        > enough. Thanks though.
        > Anyway lesson learned!

        Well, best of luck to you with the 2-motor walker and the 8-motor one too!

        John
        --
        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn