Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [beam] Re: 1381 Voltage detector

Expand Messages
  • kyuu sai
    You think these will do? (the ones I am using right now) ... wilf_nv wrote: Use a 1A or higher darling transistor such as the MPSA12 to
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
      You think these will do? (the ones I am using right now) 
       
      quote:
      > cap, 40 mA worth of solar panels and slightly different
      > transistors
      > > > (http://www.futurlec .com/Transistors /2N2222.shtml and
      > > > http://www.futurlec .com/Transistors /2N2907.shtml)
      > > >

      wilf_nv <wrigter@...> wrote:

      Use a 1A or higher darling transistor such as the MPSA12 to replace
      the 2N3904.

      wilf

      --- In beam@yahoogroups. com, "kyuu_sai" <kyuu_sai@.. .> wrote:
      >
      > Thanks, that brings some clarity.
      >
      > One last question about the solar engine though. I'm using it to
      > power the p5v2 circuit, would it be wise to stack a couple of them
      > to prevent them from being fried (and maybe stack some transistors
      > as wel), or would the problem eventually go away when the load the
      > solar engine has to drive is higher.
      >
      > (cuurently using this,
      > http://www.solarbot ics.net/library/ circuits/ se_t1_1381. html ,well-
      > known schematic).
      >
      >
      > --- In beam@yahoogroups. com, "wilf_nv" <wrigter@> wrote:
      > >
      > >
      > > The rated short circuit output current derived from the volatge
      > drop
      > > at lower currents is <1mA when high and <10ma when low.
      > >
      > > However when measured, the actual 1381 short circuit output
      > current
      > > was more like 10 ma high and 30ma low.
      > >
      > > wilf
      > >
      > > wilf
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > --- In beam@yahoogroups. com, "kyuu_sai" <kyuu_sai@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I've got a question about the 1381 (u) IC. I've looked through
      > the
      > > > datasheet, but couln't find the maximum current it can handle.
      > > >
      > > > Right now I'm using it in a simple 1381 based solar engine with
      > a
      > > 1F
      > > > cap, 40 mA worth of solar panels and slightly different
      > transistors
      > > > (http://www.futurlec .com/Transistors /2N2222.shtml and
      > > > http://www.futurlec .com/Transistors /2N2907.shtml)
      > > >
      > > > I've build the circuit 3 times allready, the second attempt
      > > appeared
      > > > to work, but decided to stop doing so after about 6 discharges
      > of
      > > the
      > > > cap.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > Martin
      > > >
      > >
      >


      __________________________________________________
      Do You Yahoo!?
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • wilf_nv
      Should work fine. ... them ... transistors ... the ... through ... with ... discharges
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
        Should work fine.

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, kyuu sai <kyuu_sai@...> wrote:
        >
        > You think these will do? (the ones I am using right now)
        >
        > quote:
        > > cap, 40 mA worth of solar panels and slightly different
        > > transistors
        > > > > (http://www.futurlec .com/Transistors /2N2222.shtml and
        > > > > http://www.futurlec .com/Transistors /2N2907.shtml)
        > > > >
        >
        > wilf_nv <wrigter@...> wrote:
        >
        > Use a 1A or higher darling transistor such as the MPSA12 to replace
        > the 2N3904.
        >
        > wilf
        >
        > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "kyuu_sai" <kyuu_sai@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks, that brings some clarity.
        > >
        > > One last question about the solar engine though. I'm using it to
        > > power the p5v2 circuit, would it be wise to stack a couple of
        them
        > > to prevent them from being fried (and maybe stack some
        transistors
        > > as wel), or would the problem eventually go away when the load
        the
        > > solar engine has to drive is higher.
        > >
        > > (cuurently using this,
        > > http://www.solarbotics.net/library/circuits/se_t1_1381.html ,well-
        > > known schematic).
        > >
        > >
        > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf_nv" <wrigter@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > The rated short circuit output current derived from the volatge
        > > drop
        > > > at lower currents is <1mA when high and <10ma when low.
        > > >
        > > > However when measured, the actual 1381 short circuit output
        > > current
        > > > was more like 10 ma high and 30ma low.
        > > >
        > > > wilf
        > > >
        > > > wilf
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "kyuu_sai" <kyuu_sai@> wrote:
        > > > >
        > > > > Hi,
        > > > >
        > > > > I've got a question about the 1381 (u) IC. I've looked
        through
        > > the
        > > > > datasheet, but couln't find the maximum current it can handle.
        > > > >
        > > > > Right now I'm using it in a simple 1381 based solar engine
        with
        > > a
        > > > 1F
        > > > > cap, 40 mA worth of solar panels and slightly different
        > > transistors
        > > > > (http://www.futurlec.com/Transistors/2N2222.shtml and
        > > > > http://www.futurlec.com/Transistors/2N2907.shtml)
        > > > >
        > > > > I've build the circuit 3 times allready, the second attempt
        > > > appeared
        > > > > to work, but decided to stop doing so after about 6
        discharges
        > > of
        > > > the
        > > > > cap.
        > > > >
        > > > > Thanks,
        > > > >
        > > > > Martin
        > > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > __________________________________________________
        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.