Re: fifo pummer was New file uploaded to beam

  • wilf_nv
    Message 1 of 1004 , Dec 3, 2006
      I have posted a fade in fade out (fifo) pummer that operates as you
      described. The circuit consists LM358 dual opamp, one of which is
      used for a new triangular waveform generator and the other a current
      limited buffer to drive the LED. The LED is off for 4 or 5 seconds
      and then increases slowly in brightness as the current ramps up to
      20mA. The LED stays on at full brighness for 4 or 5 seconds and then
      fades slowly back to off. The LM358 standby current is 300uA.

      The LM358 can be replaced with LM324 quad opamp to make a dual fifo
      Just duplicate the circuit to vary the brighness of two leds at two
      different frequencies. The LM324 standby current is 600uA.

      Note how the waveform generator uses the voltage drop across R2
      caused by the input current to set the lower threshold. The upper
      threshold is 100mV less than the saturated high output voltage

      The result is a highly exponential triangular waveform which lingers
      at the min and max peaks to generate the desired on and off delays.

      wilf

    • beam@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1004 of 1004 , Dec 29, 2012
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the beam
        group.

        File : /yahmez_alpha/triclops.GIF
        Uploaded by : yahmez_alpha <curbwax@...>
        Description : 3 eyed light seeking symet

        yahmez_alpha <curbwax@...>