Solar cells

  • Simon Fraser
    Message 1 of 93 , Nov 1, 2006
      Does anyone know of an alternative supplier for the nice Panasonic
      Sunceram solar cells? Alas, Solarbotics now just has the
      polycrystalline ones, which just don't look as nice.

      Also, are the small Radio Shack solar cells worth playing with? They
      are rated at about 0.55V, so I guess you'd have to either modify them
      or hook a bunch in series to get useful voltage.

      Thanks
      Simon
    • veritas21885
      Message 93 of 93 , Nov 1, 2006
        Well it was a sad day when the Panasonic Sunceram stoped production.
        The alternate are the polycrystalline. They are pretty cool beacuse
        they are super strong. They radio shack cells have low voltage but
        high current. They are extremly fragile. I have looked for other
        replacement but the poly ones are the best as far as I know