Trouble Shooting Solar Bug Kit from PagerMotors

  • Smilen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2006
      I have built two kits and neither work. I did pass current thru some of the components and
      made sure the motors worked. I need a systematic procedure for trouble shooting. Anyone
      out there familiar with this kit willing to give advice I sure will listen.

      Thanks

      Smilen
    • wilf rigter
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2006
        Hi Smilen,

        Do a search for "1381 popper" and you should find some troubleshooting guide. If not I will write one up.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2006
          Hi Wilf:

          I did not see anything that really helps. Lots of hits on the subject but nothing that looks
          promising.

          Thanks

          Smilen

          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf rigter" <wrigter@...> wrote:

          > Hi Smilen,
          >
          > Do a search for "1381 popper" and you should find some troubleshooting guide. If not I
          will write one up.

        • Smilen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2006
            I have not resolved the trouble shooting issue. I wonder if I can ask
            what kind of lighting source to use. Full sunlight is sometimes a rare
            commodity. What source would be sufficient to excite the critter.

            Smilen
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 30, 2006
              Yes, full sunlight is highly recommended. Still, even in room lighting,
              you should see some twitching. Have you checked out Dave's guide to
              troubleshooting the 1381 photovore?

              J Wolfgang Goerlich

              Related Links:

              Dave Hrynkiw, "Lesson 101 on how to check your Photopopper", 10 Feb 1999
              http://chiumanfu.solarbotics.net/photovore.html