Re: self replicating and evolving robots

  • Droidmakr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
      You may also want to take a look at this:

      http://golem03.cs-i.brandeis.edu/download.html

      It give you a chance to participate in the concept.

      So long,
      Droidmakr

      --- In beam@egroups.com, "Thomas" <ascii@h...> wrote:
      > Dang! Something went wrong.
      >
      > Here we go again - the link to an online article on these
      automatons:

      > http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSScience0008/30_robot.html
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > - Thomas

      Remember: Technicians solve problems
      Engineers design them
    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2000
        At 12:23 AM 9/1/2000 , Thomas wrote:
        >http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSScience0008/30_robot.html
        >
        >It's very interesting as these robots are evolved with only very little
        >human intervention. This is probably as close as anybody's ever come to
        >robots breeding robots. I guess I'll have to take back some of my arguments
        >that it will be a cold day in h*ll before robots will replicate. Still, it's
        >not the same as self-replication.

        Here's a much more interesting link to the place that did it - with movies.
        Quite interesting...

        http://golem03.cs-i.brandeis.edu/results.html

        Regards,
        Dave
        "Um, no - that's H,R,Y,N,K,I,W. No, not K,I,U,U, K,I,_W_. Yes,
        that's right. Yes, I know it looks like "HOCKYRINK." Yup, only
        2 vowels. Pronounciation? _SMITH_".
        http://www.solarbotics.com