Re: A walker that will impress

  • pete
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2006
      That's possibly the coolest thing in the world. I wonder how it works.

      pete

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Gord <gord_1812@...> wrote:

      > I just found this. You have to check out the movie.
      > http://www.newscientist.com/channel/mech-tech/dn8802.html
      >
      > I't a walker that even the Grant would be impressed by.
      >
      > Gord

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • GrantM.
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
        Indeed. ;)

        At some point I figured hydraulics would surpass electric motors as the
        size scale increases. Just thinking in print.

        I am impressed how they managed to combine high speed hydraulics with
        the necessary control to make something balance. The speed and power of
        this beasty is in the realm of certain large man eating carnivores. As
        for practical use they will need to find a suitable power source lest
        they let everyone in a 2km radius know where they are.

        Still needs a tail though.

        Contrary to my jaded personality I am fascinated by nearly anything
        innovative and as such am fairly easy to impress. Want someone hard to
        impress? contact Miller 8D

        Must relinquish control of consciousness for awhile, need to be up
        early. Off for another factory tour in China tomorrow.

        TTFN,

        GrantM.

        Gord wrote:

        >I just found this. You have to check out the movie.
        >http://www.newscientist.com/channel/mech-tech/dn8802.html
        >
        >I't a walker that even the Grant would be impressed by.
        >
        >Gord

      • Scott Burns
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
          At 09:50 AM 3/5/2006, you wrote:
          >As
          >for practical use they will need to find a suitable power source lest
          >they let everyone in a 2km radius know where they are.

          Can't they just put a muffler on the thing?

          Scott