Re: Hi everyone!

  • duck04_1999
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
      Going good, got out of that last May, fortunately haven't found a job
      in that field yet around here. Currently i learning stuff at home and
      working. Learning VB 6.0 now, just started on it.

      Regards,
      Bill

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "rumgod" <rumgod@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Tom,
      > I don't have enough cells to sale any quantity to speak of, but I
      > have a few in my junk box that I might give away to some bot
      builder
      > who is "needy".
      >
      > Hi Gord,
      > I jumped back on here because a friend of mine was over and saw
      some
      > of my bots just buzzing away on the shelf and we started talking
      > about them, and I mentioned my old "dead-bot give-away contest"(was
      > fun)and you came to mind.
      > Glad ol' blue is still going. I have half a dozen projects going on
      > at the same time these days.. :(
      >
      > Hi Bill aka Duck,
      > Yeppers, I remember you, how's you BEAM experience coming along,
      > how's the electronic school/studies going?
      >
      > Regards everyone!
      > Rumgod
      >
      > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Gray" <grayed@t...> wrote:
      > > Hey, Art!
      > > I was wondering about you last week... guess the telepathy still
      > works once
      > > in a while!
      > > Do you still have any of those solar cells you were selling?
      Bill
      > is
      > > looking for some solar cells.
      > > Keep BEAMing and dreaming
      > > Tom

    • Mike Scharf
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
        I got lost after GWBASIC! Good luck on the Visual Basic! Check out
        this site and e-mail this guy for tips and links to help you on your
        way. He's a Whiz at that programming stuff and his site has an
        everchanging look to it. Good place for ideas maybe!?

        Check Out: http://www.scharfie.com (little slow loading right now)

        Mike Scharf :)

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
          OT but I thought I would add in ...

          I had fun working in VB 6.0, too. Currently, I work in VB.Net using
          Visual Studio. Most shops that I have seen use .Net, too.

          If you are learning for the fun of it, 6.0 is great. If learning VB
          is career related, you might consider switching gears to VB.Net. .Net
          is in higher demand.

          Cheers,

          J Wolfgang Goerlich

          > Going good, got out of that last May, fortunately haven't found a
          > job in that field yet around here. Currently i learning stuff at
          > home and working. Learning VB 6.0 now, just started on it.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Bill

        • duck04_1999
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
            Ah yes thanks, i hope to learn it well. As for theres a program i
            wanna try and build for a gaming community, since the last person
            who release a major release of a similar program won't be doing so
            any more. I figure i might have a chance to fill his place in that.

            Regards,
            Bill

            --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Scharf" <thelizard6969@h...>
            wrote:

            > I got lost after GWBASIC! Good luck on the Visual Basic! Check out
            > this site and e-mail this guy for tips and links to help you on
            your
            > way. He's a Whiz at that programming stuff and his site has an
            > everchanging look to it. Good place for ideas maybe!?
            >
            > Check Out: http://www.scharfie.com (little slow loading right now)
            >

            > Mike Scharf :)
            >

            > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "duck04_1999" <duck04_1999@y...>
            wrote:

            > > Going good, got out of that last May, fortunately haven't found
            a job
            > > in that field yet around here. Currently i learning stuff at
            home and
            > > working. Learning VB 6.0 now, just started on it.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Bill
            > >

            > > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "rumgod" <rumgod@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Tom,
            > > > I don't have enough cells to sale any quantity to speak of,
            but I
            > > > have a few in my junk box that I might give away to some bot
            > > builder
            > > > who is "needy".
            > > >
            > > > Hi Gord,
            > > > I jumped back on here because a friend of mine was over and
            saw
            > > some
            > > > of my bots just buzzing away on the shelf and we started
            talking
            > > > about them, and I mentioned my old "dead-bot give-away
            contest"(was
            > > > fun)and you came to mind.
            > > > Glad ol' blue is still going. I have half a dozen projects
            going on
            > > > at the same time these days.. :(
            > > >
            > > > Hi Bill aka Duck,
            > > > Yeppers, I remember you, how's you BEAM experience coming
            along,
            > > > how's the electronic school/studies going?
            > > >
            > > > Regards everyone!
            > > > Rumgod

            > > > works once
            > > Bill
            > > > is

          • duck04_1999
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 1, 2005
              Thanks Wolfgang, i'll keep that in mind. Yea i kinda mostly learning
              for the fun of it, and a little to add to my knowledge of pc stuff.
              You know something a little extra to add to the resume of knowledge
              when applying for those certain pc jobs that require knowledge of
              that similarity. After i get done with vb 6.0 i'll check out vb.net,
              I plan on getting a copy of the vb.net studio program soon anyways.

              Regards,
              Bill

              --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "J Wolfgang Goerlich" <jwgoerlich@h...>