Re: [beam] a very normal sized turbot

  • john simmons
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
      You can get collars that have a set screw in them to attach the arms. Solder
      the arms to the collar then slip the collar on the drive shaft and tighten
      the screw. These are found at most hobby shops. This method is used a lot.
      To attach other doo-dads you should use brackets and tiny screws or rivets
      to increase the complexity. I'm against epoxy for mere attaching because it
      violates the five laws of robotics. By The Way; all BEAM folks should take a
      jewelry making class at your local junior college. You can learn all kinds
      of neat-o fabrication skills. I knew a guy that took it just so he could use
      the casting equipment. JohnS.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2000
        Johns, what do you mean by Five laws of robotics? Care to explain?
        newbieamer here.

        nukz.

        I'm against epoxy for mere attaching because it
        violates the five laws of robotics.

        JohnS.