The ZX97 (was: Maze Bot)

    Message 1 of 93 , Jan 4, 2005
      Tom Gray wrote:
      > ... (FWIW, my first computer was a ZX81 built from a kit, with a
      > hefty 1K of RAM. Hey, Wilf, you remember those, you had an
      > incredible ASCII circuit diagram of a ZX8x posted somewhere)

      From my overflowing Favorites folder ...

      "The ZX97" by Wilf Rigter
      http://www.howell1964.freeserve.co.uk/ZX81/ZX97.htm

      Now, this was a while ago. Do you happen to have a solar-powered
      version, Wilf? One clocked with a suspended Bicore? :-)

      Cheers to the maestro,

      J Wolfgang Goerlich
    • veritas21885
      Message 93 of 93 , Nov 1, 2006
        Well it was a sad day when the Panasonic Sunceram stoped production.
        The alternate are the polycrystalline. They are pretty cool beacuse
        they are super strong. They radio shack cells have low voltage but
        high current. They are extremly fragile. I have looked for other
        replacement but the poly ones are the best as far as I know

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Simon Fraser <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of an alternative supplier for the nice Panasonic
        > Sunceram solar cells? Alas, Solarbotics now just has the
        > polycrystalline ones, which just don't look as nice.
        >
        > Also, are the small Radio Shack solar cells worth playing with?
        They