master/slave bicore walker (same biasing problem)

  • Tariq
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      thanks everyonelovemathias for bringing this problem to light, i'm
      facing the same problem of balance biasing of master slave bicore i
      have stacked two chip together (2 for master & 2 for slave) using
      (4) 0.22uf caps, (2) 1.6 m resistor and (1)2.2m resistor in master
      bicore.

      (So far I have only made one bicore, and when
      connected to the motor, the shaft will spin back and forth, but
      slowly turn in a circle to to longer phases on one side)
      (derived from everyonelove mathias message)

      is there is any way i can make the bicore having balanced back and
      force movement?
      second things m/slave bicore is consuming power fast (i'm using 4
      AAA batteries)

      i'm thinking of using 0.22 electrolytic caps!

      thanks in advance

      Tariq
    • domenico
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        Hi Tariq,

        have a look to this link, it's in italian but you can read the schematic ;-)
        http://digilander.libero.it/dmancini/italiano/bug/walker-tutorial/il_mio_bicore_en.html
        The value used have a nice balancing of bicore but more correction is made
        by two "pogo-pins"
        (the switches).
        Alternatively you can choose the "mechanical way" with a spring (the
        preferred way in the beam world)

        Good luck
        Domenico