newbee help

  • deitie of night
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
      I am new to BEAM was trying to make a pummer. I am
      having some difficulty and wondering if anyone could
      help?

      The pummer is a nocturnal pummer with a LDR. The main
      concept was that a 5.5V 15mA Panasonic 3733 solar cell
      (solarbotics.com) would power a 4.8V 280mAh NiCD
      battery (solarbotics.com) or X amount of the same type
      of battery in parallel until night <The diagram was
      with the LDR was found on a web site and not sure who
      to credit>. When the LDR determines it is night it
      would trigger a noise maker found in toys (squeeze
      hand, makes noise kind of thing) and light LEDs or
      FLEDs through out the night. The sound circuit that I
      took was from a infants toy and happens to �ribbit�.
      It had 3x G3-A CNB Micro cell batteries (1.5V) in
      series (4.5V total).

      The Noise makers that I have played with, The switch
      wires that activate the circuit when shorted together
      will not trigger again after it finishes the sound
      unless the switch connection is lost and connected
      again.

      The LDR circuit diagram that I am including does not
      show the component values. I had the LDR circuit
      working with a 6V white LED for the load. Since then I
      have taken it apart to use the bread board for other
      projects and haven�t had a chance to fine tune it
      again. R1 is a 3k3, r2 is a 10k pot, r3 is a 470k, Q1
      is a 2n3904. R1 and R3 values listed are not correct,
      but that is how it sets currently on the bread board.

      I was also wondering how to tell the amount of juice
      or amount of batteries it would take to keep this
      running and if the charge from the solar cell would
      charge the batteries that much.

      http://my.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
        Howdoyoudodeity and welcome on beam!

        I think you want to use this circuit as a nocturnal solar engine: charge batteries during the day and pummmm LEDs and make froggy sounds throughout  the night.

        Is that right?

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
          yes thats pretty much it.

          --- Wilf Rigter <wrigter@...> wrote:

          > Howdoyoudodeity and welcome on beam!
          >
          > I think you want to use this circuit as a nocturnal
          > solar engine: charge batteries during the day and
          > pummmm LEDs and make froggy sounds throughout the
          > night.
          >
          > Is that right?

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • deitie of night
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
            correction to my last message. i would like the frog
            sound to go once and light through the night so that
            the frog sound woun't become annoying after a while. I
            figured that once a night would be sufficent.

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo