Re:, Stolen, Bots, (was:, Beam, web, sites)

  • will legros
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2000
      hi

      here is some schematics of tracking transmitters i have pulled out of my
      schematic library. i have never tried any of them yet and they are quite
      simple

      the parts list for the 1.5v tracking transmitter

      C1 100uF electrolytic Capacitor
      C2 .01uF disc capacitor
      C3 4 to 40 pF trimmer capacitor
      C4 4.7 pF disc capacitor
      L1 0.1 uH, 6 to 8 turns of 22 gauge hookup wire close wound around a 1/4"
      diameter non-conductive core, such as a pencil.
      IC1 LM2909 LED flasher LED1 red LED
      Q1 2N3904 NPN silicon transistor R1 10k
      Antenna 10 to 12 inches of hookup wire

      just a word of caution: the government tends to get mad when people disrupt
      radio transmitions, so my advice to you is learn about thease things and use
      only unused frequences. see the laws in your country for detals. as for me
      i only use the trancievers from here
      http://www.linxtechnologies.com/main.html i have been experimenting with
      thease trancievers for a week now and i havent attracted any unwanted
      attention. this company sells antenas for ~$1 that are called splatch and
      they are small chip sized antenas for transmitters and recievers. they can
      work around other electric components without much interferance.

      i am unshure of the range of both of thease but my guess is that you will be
      able to follow and find the person who decided they liked your bot more than
      you.

      or you could have a comicazi aproach. once the bot gets out of the
      transmittion range of your BEAM park (or BEM (c) park if your name is Wilf
      :^)) **BOOM!** a firecracker goes off, that persion will never steel your
      bots agan. but if your transmitter looses power you have a collective
      comacazi of all your bots :^(

      or you could build a gurdian bot that isnt beam, like say a 6 legged hexapod
      powered by pneumatics that is 1/2 a meter wide named Boris jr (my gurdian
      bot that i am building)

      Will LeGros

    • will legros