RE: [beam] IR PCB's

  • Tom Blitch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
      --- Martin Jay McKee <MartinJayMcKee@...>
      wrote:
      > I'd use them if they were easily adjustable, it
      > would be most useful if they
      > could be adjusted to different frequencies. I've
      > got a moderately large
      > robot that's in the design stages and I'm looking at
      > putting at least 10
      > non-contact proximity sensors on it. I think for my
      > purposes single boards
      > would be most useful, but if they could be adjusted
      > to be non-interfering
      > and basically separate it could be useful to have
      > double boards that could
      > act as redundant sensors.
      >

      > Martin Jay McKee

      Well they are adjustable but it requires changing one
      of the surface mount resistors and/or capacitors. I
      can do this for you or if you can solder surface mount
      could do yourself. I could have them set up at 10
      diffrent frequencies for you when you order them.
      Right now I'm trying diffrent matched pairs of IR
      LED's and detectors. They have all sorts of diffrent
      emitting angles and power output when it comes to IR
      LED's. They already work great with what I have on
      them. I'm going to fine tune them and save up some
      cash and then have them made. These boards are very
      prefesional looking as well. They measure .815" X 815"

      =====
      Tom Blitch

      http://www.CircuitStampede.tk

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • Tom Gray
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2004
        Now that I've seen the quality of what you're offering, Tom, I might be interested.  But gotta know the cost.  Any idea on a per unit price?  On a set of 10?
        Any other Canadians considering ordering from Circuit Stampede, it cost me $10 S/H plus another $10 to get a $40 Cdn ($25 US) order across the 49th.

        Keep BEAMing and dreaming
        Tom
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2004
          --- Tom Gray <grayed@...> wrote:
          > Now that I've seen the quality of what you're
          > offering, Tom, I might be interested. But gotta
          > know the cost. Any idea on a per unit price? On a
          > set of 10?
          > Any other Canadians considering ordering from
          > Circuit Stampede, it cost me $10 S/H plus another
          > $10 to get a $40 Cdn ($25 US) order across the 49th.
          >
          > Keep BEAMing and dreaming
          > Tom

          The new boards I'm having made are going to be even
          better quality. I'll send you a picture of the
          prototype motor driver I have. It's all ready for
          production I just need the money to have enough made
          to be able to offer them at the lowest price possible.
          They can drive 2 amps and reduce battery consumption.
          When the current hits a set trigger point it pulses
          the drive IC into a low power mode. I'm pretty excited
          about them. I've been working on them quite awhile.

          =====