Re: my web page and a video

  • eric_cuzzort
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2004
      Thanks Wolfgang

      I just added another video of my lil' miller popper. Some interesting
      stuf watching it hang on the edge of a lightpool. Eventually I'll
      quit just doing the fun part of the site and actually work on the
      information section. It takes me forever to add anything since I
      create/edit the code in notepad(and I'm the worst typist int he world
      my error rate is about 1 in 10 keys).
      I'll eventually finish my 2 walkers but I'm already starting on an
      "edgebot" type bot. I'm also planning on trying Wilf's
      phototransistor single 1381 popper circuit.

      anyhow. you can view the video here
      http://animals-n-robots.sytes.net/beam/video/tiny-sun.avi

      Eric

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "J Wolfgang Goerlich" <jwgoerlich@h...>

      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2004
        > I just added another video of my lil' miller popper.

        Zoom! He's a quick one. If you are in the area, you should take him
        up to Ecrg and compete in the Photovore competition. I'll bet you
        will kick some tail.

        J Wolfgang Goerlich
      • eric_cuzzort
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2004
          haha
          I wish. I'm in Southern Ohio, its not that far away but would be a
          weekend trip that I can't afford. I seriously doubt Tiny would be
          very well. The initial charge time is quite long and he don't seem be
          able to find the center of the light pool but hovers on the edge of
          it. Not to mention it don't have obstacle avoidance features.

          he is so quick because he is so light weight. the polyacene battery
          is a fraction of the weight of a cap.
          The nice things about the polyacene batteries is that they can be
          drained to 0.00V, they hold .5F-.6F at 3V+, and they're tiny, ~9mm x
          2mm, and best of all they're cheap! Electronic Goldmine sells them 5
          for $1 I plan to use more of these in the immediate future on small bots.