Photo Diode Simulator circuit from 1999

  • shenri
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2004
      I was going through the Alt Beam Archive and came across this circuit
      from Wilf. For those of you who hate to buy components or would
      rather use salvaged components (like me), this may be for you. The
      circuit simulates a phodo diode. The circuit shown is arranged as a
      photo bridge for use in Head Bots using plain old cheap/salvaged
      green LED's, a NPN and a PNP transistor. It is very sensitive to
      changes in light just like photo diodes are. Go to this link and
      search for "Photo Diode Simulator".

      http://www.solarbotics.net/wilf/Altbeam/Altbeam_files/Altbeam.htm

      Steve