Re: [beam] Edge Detector?

  • Tom Gray
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 9, 2004
      The attached works well; it was made using the pairs of IR LED/transistor from an old mouse and a free IC from Maxim.  Wilf recently posted a 4066 version (the 4066 is available from Solarbotics and other places); search the BEAM list for his post.  I've included a free minisumo circuit--the Max314 replaces switches 1 and 2 for edge detection.
      Tom

      Has anyone made some kind of edge detector for BEAM bots?

      Brady
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2004
        Nice work Tom,

        great adaptation of Grant's mini-sumo edgebot relay circuit to the L293 dual
        h-bridge! Plus the switch emulator opens the door to migrating switch based
        designs to proximity sensors. How about Jerome's quintessential "switchbot"
        aka beetlebot?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2004
          > Nice work Tom,

          > great adaptation of Grant's mini-sumo
          edgebot relay circuit to the L293
          > dual h-bridge!

          Well, thanks for the kind words, Wilf, but Grant did the L293, I think just added a couple diodes and some opponent/obstacle detect bumper switches.  And the IR edge detector.

          > Plus the switch emulator opens the door to migrating switch
          based
          > designs to proximity sensors. How about Jerome's quintessential
          "switchbot"
          > aka beetlebot?

          Well, why not?  Something else I'll have to build when I have time.  Hmm, maybe I will wire up a few little boards with MAX314s to sub into various projects...

          Keep BEAMing and dreaming
          Tom