Re: Mini-sumo IR emitters

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2004
      > I even swapped all the IC's except the 555 and still I get the same
      > results. Any ideas? Maybe I should try swapping the 2222 transistor?

      I had the exact same symptoms and my problem was the 555. It could be
      the 2n2222, also. I would swap the transistor first, seeing as it is
      easiest to replace. Then try the 555. Also, I put in a 8-pin DIP when
      I replaced my 555.

      J Wolfgang Goerlich
    • Gord
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2004
        Hey Wolfgang

        I replaced the 555 last night still same thing. I cleaned and re
        soldered and cleaned all the solder points. I also noticed that when I
        point a remote at the rear IR detector the right led lights. (It should
        it's connected to the right side) BUT when I point the remote to either
        front IR detector both leds light. (I tried shielding the oposite IE
        and both LEDs still light)

        Like I said the edge detector board works in Leah's mini- sumo.
        I'm all out of things to try. HELP!

        Grant or Dave you out there?

        Gord

        Thanks for all the help. If you have a sugestion let me know. (even if
        you think I may have tried your idea all ready)

        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003