Re: [beam] Re: No more Master-Slave Bicores...

  • Adi Shavit
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
      Message
      And, linking to the 'Trends' thread, we could go for wife-husband bicores

      Frank... getting onto really dangerous ground now -- lucky my wife doesn't read this group!
      My wife said that as long as I don't think women are the devil, then it's fine. ;-)
      Adi
    • chris
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
        Message
        in the words and voice of Ray Ramono(sp?) "SEE...SEE...they want us to think they aren't.  when they are.  or why else wouldn't they want us to think that..."

        in the words of Frank (Ray's dad) "Just accept it. They are."
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
          Frank,

          I think the taxman is the parasite and lives off the human. How about
          lawyer/client? or voter/politician? user/tech support, I could go on and
          get into trouble here.

          Incidentally, having seen human slavery first hand I cant condone a no
          rules approach. PC or not slavery is inhuman.

          Sebastiaan

          "Frank van der Hulst (Staff WG)" <f.vanderhulst@...> on 03/12/2003
          08:56:19

          Please respond to beam@yahoogroups.com

          To: <beam@yahoogroups.com>
          cc:

          > Human/Taxman bicore

          Hmmm... shouldn't that be taxman-human?

          And, linking to the 'Trends' thread, we could go for wife-husband bicores

          Frank... getting onto really dangerous ground now -- lucky my wife doesn't
          read this group!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          click here
          [IMAGE]

          they are addressed.

          If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from
          reading, copying, distributing and using the information. Please
          contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
          the original message.

          You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.
          Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or
          damage which may result from your receipt of this message or
          any attachments.
          This message was processed - Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:30:29 +1100
        • Frank van der Hulst (Staff WG)
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
            Message
            Oh, I wasn't thinking in terms of parasites. I was thinking in terms of power & control, and the taxman definitely has more power than an individual.

            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
              Hi:

              This new language trashing reminds me of the time I had a set to with a woman head of a group/ She used the word chairperson. Hmmm i said that next she would rewrite our language to be called a woperson. She called me a pig and walked off.   I was flattered as a pig is a very smart animal

              gene

              J Wolfgang Goerlich <jwgoerlich@...> wrote:
              Chris wrote:
              > The link didn't work (...)

              Use the "newsclusterurl" in the query string. The URL is:

              'Slave,' 'Master' Labels On Electronics Called Offensive
              http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/technology/2668939/detail.html

              Also, take a look at the Slashdot coverage.

              L.A. County Bans Use Of "Master/Slave" Term
              http://slashdot.org/article.pl?
              sid=03/11/25/0014257&mode=thread&tid=103&tid=133&tid=186&tid=99

              Funny stuff, Adi!

              Wolfgang

              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
                Be cool friends.

                Even though there is probably more master-slave talk on our list than
                anywhere else on the web it is ALWAYS is used in the neutral technical
                sense. This electronic term has been used more than 50 years (e.g.
                master-slave flipflop).

                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
                  somebody's going to get ahold of this and turn the term into

                  "mildly authoratarian, open and honestly communicating, administrative unit"

                  and

                  "temporarily sub-bordinate by choice, status strata decreased,  but positively guided unit"

                  which won't change a thing except make it harder to understand it's function/role in the world, which makes some tiny minded person needed.  and then they can clobber the rest of us with mind numbing discussions, which is a form of the master/slave paradigm

                  Chris wrote:
                  > The link didn't work (...)

                  Use the "newsclusterurl" in the query string. The URL is:

                  'Slave,' 'Master' Labels On Electronics Called Offensive
                  http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/technology/2668939/detail.html

                  Also, take a look at the Slashdot coverage.

                  L.A. County Bans Use Of "Master/Slave" Term
                  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?
                  sid=03/11/25/0014257&mode=thread&tid=103&tid=133&tid=186&tid=99

                  Funny stuff, Adi!

                  Wolfgang

                • Tom Blitch
                  Message 8 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
                    How about the Jesus/christain bicore heh

                    http://news.google.com/news?dq=&num=30&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-

                    8&newwindow=1&safe=off&edition=us&newsclusterurl=www.thehawaiichannel.
                    > >�� >

                    com/sh/technology/stories/national-technology-266893920031127-
                    > >�� > 101123.html&filter=0
                    > >�� >
                    > >�� > I guess we need to go to a client-server
                    > bicore?
                    > >�� >
                    > >�� > Adi
                    > >
                    > >�� The link didn't work what was the name of the
                    > > article and the place
                    > >�� where you found it?
                    > >
                    > >�� Chris
                    > >

                    > >�� To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
                    > to:
                    > >

                    > >�� Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > Terms of Service.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    > click here
                    >

                    > [IMAGE]

                    > Terms of Service.

                    > This email and any files transmitted with it are
                    > confidential and
                    > intended solely for the use of the individual or
                    > entity to whom
                    > they are addressed.
                    >
                    > If you have received this email in error, you are
                    > prohibited from
                    > reading, copying, distributing and using the
                    > information. Please
                    > contact the sender immediately by return email and
                    > destroy
                    > the original message.
                    >
                    > You should scan this message and any attachments for
                    > viruses.
                    > Under no circumstances do we accept liability for
                    > any loss or
                    > damage which may result from your receipt of this
                    > message or
                    > any attachments.

                    > This message was processed - Wed, 3 Dec 2003
                    > 08:27:12 +1100

                    =====
                    Tom Blitch
                    www.Circuitstampede.tk

                    Message 9 of 28 , Dec 2, 2003
                      how about the Preist/alter boy bicore

                      --- "Frank van der Hulst (Staff WG)"
                      <f.vanderhulst@...> wrote:
                      > Oh, I wasn't thinking in terms of parasites. I was
                      > thinking in terms of
                      > power & control, and the taxman definitely has more
                      > power than an
                      > individual.

                      =====
                      Tom Blitch
                      www.Circuitstampede.tk

                      Message 10 of 28 , Dec 3, 2003
                        Hmm i wonder if Nazi/Jew bicore would be offensive?

                        --- "Frank van der Hulst (Staff WG)"
                        <f.vanderhulst@...> wrote:
                        > > Human/Taxman bicore
                        >

                        > Hmmm... shouldn't that be taxman-human?
                        >
                        > And, linking to the 'Trends' thread, we could go for
                        > wife-husband
                        > bicores
                        >
                        > Frank... getting onto really dangerous ground now --
                        > lucky my wife
                        > doesn't read this group!

                        =====
                        Tom Blitch
                        www.Circuitstampede.tk

                        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
                        Message 11 of 28 , Dec 3, 2003
                          Shall we drop this thread and return to the topic of BEAM? Anyone
                          have some good projects in the works? Holiday gift ideas, maybe?

                          J Wolfgang Goerlich

                          > Hmm i wonder if ... bicore would be offensive?
                        • Tom Blitch
                          Message 12 of 28 , Dec 3, 2003
                            Yeah lets drop it already. I'm gonna continue to call
                            them master/slave and if anyone gets offended. Oh
                            well.

                            Tom
                            wrote:
                            > Shall we drop this thread and return to the topic of
                            > BEAM? Anyone
                            > have some good projects in the works? Holiday gift
                            > ideas, maybe?
                            >
                            > J Wolfgang Goerlich
                            >
                            > > Hmm i wonder if ... bicore would be offensive?

                            =====
                            Tom Blitch
                            www.Circuitstampede.tk

                            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now