rechargable drill/screwdriver walker

  • Adi Shavit
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi,

        I've been thinking about using the (relatively) cheaply available Chinese rechargeable drill/screwdrivers to build a walker.
      Hopefully a cat-sized walker.
      1. I seem to remember a web page of someone who did something similar. Does anyone have the reference?
      2. What would it take to convert BEAM designs to work in such a configuration? Any data would be appreciated.
      3. Has anyone here done something like this before?
      I figured that rechargeable electric-screwdrivers can turn both ways, have lots of torque (and proper gears).

      Thanks,
      Adi
    • Adam
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        i attepmtd a dog-sized beam bot.. since i've moved to college, i
        haven't had time to work on it (or to do anything for that
        matter...) , i got materials for the legs, and the circuit is
        totally drawn, but i lack relays, and i'm still looking for a tig
        welder for the legs. good luck on your bot.

        adam

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Adi Shavit" <adish@s...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I've been thinking about using the (relatively) cheaply
        available Chinese rechargeable drill/screwdrivers to build a walker.
        > Hopefully a cat-sized walker.
        > 1.. I seem to remember a web page of someone who did something
        similar. Does anyone have the reference?
        > 2.. What would it take to convert BEAM designs to work in such a
        configuration? Any data would be appreciated.
        > 3.. Has anyone here done something like this before?
        > I figured that rechargeable electric-screwdrivers can turn both
        ways, have lots of torque (and proper gears).

        > Thanks,
        > Adi
      • Adi Shavit
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
          Thanks.
          Any info/suggestions/insights/warnings you have will be very helpful.
          Thanks,
          Adi
          i attepmtd a dog-sized beam bot.. since i've moved to college, i
          haven't had time to work on it (or to do anything for that
          matter...) , i got materials for the legs, and the circuit is
          totally drawn, but i lack relays, and i'm still looking for a tig
          welder for the legs.  good luck on your bot.

          adam

          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Adi Shavit" <adish@s...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          >   I've been thinking about using the (relatively) cheaply
          available Chinese rechargeable drill/screwdrivers to build a walker.
          > Hopefully a cat-sized walker.
          >   1.. I seem to remember a web page of someone who did something
          similar. Does anyone have the reference?
          >   2.. What would it take to convert BEAM designs to work in such a
          configuration? Any data would be appreciated.
          >   3.. Has anyone here done something like this before?
          > I figured that rechargeable electric-screwdrivers can turn both
          ways, have lots of torque (and proper gears).

          > Thanks,
          > Adi

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7brrlB/TM

        • adishavit
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
            Thanks.
            Any info/suggestions/insights/warnings you have will be very helpful.

            Also, what's the simplest walker circuit that could be converted to
            running such motors?

            Thanks,
            Adi