Re: [beam] SMD SE photo tutorial.

  • Adi Shavit
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
      WELL DONE Neil!!
      Looking forward to the next one!
      Adi
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Neil
      Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 3:05 AM
      Subject: [beam] SMD SE photo tutorial.

      Hello fellow Beamers,

      For some time now I have wanted to webpub a tutorial of how to make a SMD solar engine. Well thanks
      to the easy to use Gallery at www.solarbotics.net, I have done it!
      http://www.solarbotics.net/gallery/SMD-SE

      Early in building Miller SEs I learned the value of using FETs instead of transistors. Transistors
      require a resistor between the output of the voltage trigger to limit the Base - Emitter current.
      With FETs there is little current flowing into the Gate when it is turned on, all that is required
      is that voltage is present(I have the list to thank for this knowledge).

      The tutorial shows a SE built with a Zetex ZVN2106G (N-channel FET in a sot223 package). This can
      supply a continuous current of 710ma or 8A pulsed!!! Combined with the other SMD parts this makes a
      very compact, efficient, and powerful SE. The picture of the finished product shows the wire coming
      off the top left as the V+, the wire on the bottom right as Gnd, and the top and middle-bottom lead
      on the FET as the N-channel output (Drain) to the load.

      Next I want to do a Mini Shok Head tutorial...stay tuned.

      Neil

      Digi-Key Part Number ZVN2106GCT-ND
      Manufacturer Part Number ZVN2106GTA
      Description MOSFET N-CHAN 60V .71A SOT-223

      Digi-Key Part Number 445-1355-1-ND
      Manufacturer Part Number C2012X7R1C224K
      Description CAP CER .22UF 16V X7R 10% 0805

      Digi-Key Part Number DL4148MSCT-ND
      Manufacturer Part Number DL4148
      Description RECT(diode) SILICON .15A 75V MINIMELF

      Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
      No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
      Try Netflix for FREE!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/7brrlB/TM