[beam] GM-10 in NutsNVolts!

  • John Simmons
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
      When, Dave?
      John S.

      Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
      its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
      http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
        At 10:57 AM 10/31/2003, you wrote:
        >When, Dave?

        Soon, John!

        They're on the same continent, so we're looking at next week.

        -Dave

        "Um, no - that's H,R,Y,N,K,I,W. No, not K,I,U,U, K,I,_W_. Yes,
        that's right. Yes, I know it looks like "HOCKYRINK." Yup, only
        2 vowels. Pronounciation? _SMITH_".
        http://www.solarbotics.com
      • Ori
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
          > They're on the same continent, so we're looking at next week.

          Sweet! And have you guys found a convenient way to put wheels on these?

          Ori
        • Dave Hrynkiw
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
            At 03:23 PM 10/31/2003, Ori wrote:
            > > They're on the same continent, so we're looking at next week.
            >
            >Sweet! And have you guys found a convenient way to put wheels on these?

            ...glue... comes to mind. Actually, they have a strange square key-shape on
            the output shaft. More experimentation required.

            -Dave

            "Um, no - that's H,R,Y,N,K,I,W. No, not K,I,U,U, K,I,_W_. Yes,
            that's right. Yes, I know it looks like "HOCKYRINK." Yup, only
            2 vowels. Pronounciation? _SMITH_".
            http://www.solarbotics.com
          • Phil McCary
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
              BEAMers:
              I do not get NutsNVolts. Where can I see a picture of
              thesis GM-10? It sound like the GM-10 would work great
              in a TurBot.
              Phil

              --- Ori <sbarbut@...> wrote:

              ---------------------------------
              > They're on the same continent, so we're looking at
              next week.

              Sweet! And have you guys found a convenient way to put
              wheels on these?

              Ori

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Terms of Service.

            • Dave Hrynkiw
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2003
                At 06:18 PM 10/31/2003, Phil McCary wrote:
                >BEAMers:
                >I do not get NutsNVolts. Where can I see a picture of
                >thesis GM-10? It sound like the GM-10 would work great
                >in a TurBot.

                It's a small 81:1 pager gearmotor, with a self-centering spring that can be
                clipped off to allow continuous rotation. It doesn't have the torque
                necessary for a Turbot (but hey, feel free to prove me wrong!), but should
                make for some killer baby walkers and micro rolling vehicles
                (microStrongBad, anyone?).

                Pic at... hmmm... lesse... ;>

                Here's a poor picture here:

                http://www.solarbotics.net/gallery/RoboMaxx2/res27476

                -Dave

                ps: Too bad Y-groups aint' allowing attachments anymore. I've got Darcy
                finishing up some work on another web project, then he'll get the mailing
                list tweaked up.