Re: [beam] popups

  • Jonathan Challinger
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
      get google toolbar it works VERY well for popups
      i agree on the "does not open" problem

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
        Beam posts with the subject line "New Pictures Here..." and a link to
        Geocities are invariably a spam link. Wilf has kicked off spammers
        before, but they keep coming back under different names.

        J Wolfgang Goerlich

        Gene wrote:
        > My main gripe is the people who post there geocities site that
        > 1) does not open or
        >
        > 2) ENDS UP WITH 5 to 6 POPUPS
      • Jonathan Challinger
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2003
          just set up a filter for "new pictures here..." and make it automaticly delete

          -jonathan

          Gene wrote:

          My main gripe is the people who post there geocities site that
          1) does not open or

          2) ENDS UP WITH 5 to 6 POPUPS

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7brrlB/TM

        • gene roure

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2003
              Hey Gene

              try downloading pop-up killer at downloads.com.

              Gord

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2003
                Hey Gene

                --- Gene <ear_400@...> wrote:
                > hi:
                > I have been reading the beam letters and have many ideas that I will
                > share later. I love the whole topic of B.E.A.M. robitcs and am
                > building several starting units.
                >
                > My main gripe is the people who post there geocities site that
                > 1) does not open or
                >
                > 2) ENDS UP WITH 5 to 6 POPUPS
                >
                > Keep up the the good work. I hope that I will be able to have the
                > time to post some more information on my projects, if I can get
                > everything to work.
                >
                > regards Gene

                http://shopping.yahoo.com
              • jonathan

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 7, 2003
                    --- jonathan <Jonathan@...> wrote:
                    > try google toolbar
                    > it blocks all potential popups

                    Ya and google gets all that free info from you. They gather your
                    browsing habits and taylor make adds when you use google.

                    Gord

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  • Jonathan Challinger
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 7, 2003
                      so?
                      the google ads aren't bad
                      and if they load up on robotics, then that is GOOD

                      -jonathan