Best overall chasis for a 2 motor walker???

  • goldentaiji
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      I've built the walker from the miller tutorial and then assmebled a
      biocore circuit to drive another walker. However, both times, it
      seems that the robot moves too slowly. I've tried many ways to
      orient the two servos, but only one way seems to allow it to move.
      Simply placing the two motors 90 degrees from each other. Gluing
      the back of one servo to the front of another.

      Can someone tell me a better way to attach the two servos to make it
      move faster. Maybe there's something to do with the legs as well.
      I have my back legs wider and the front legs narrower, but the robot
      seems to just walk slowly along.

      Also, I have the servo for the back leg parrallel to the ground. If
      I orient the motor about 30 degrees from the parallel (something
      like this _\ ) that would give it some lift allowing it to clear
      obstacles like the front leg. However, would that also work if I
      orient it the other way as well ( _/ )? Thanks.