Re: [beam] Re: Sound Output from Nv Neuron

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
      Hi Tom,

      Well here is a quicky mod of your original circuit that should have much
      lower current.

      The audio oscillator modification fixes the high frequencies that were the
      main problem. The resistor cap values may be changed to suit. I suggest
      much larger resistors and smaller caps to reduce power.

      The pushbutton input now gives one clean pulse to start the sequencer. A
      logic start signal can be coupled via the diode.

      The 3 diode OR gate is changed to give a good logic signal for the tristate
      pin.

      It should be much better behaved so that there is no disturbance of the
      sequencer operation allowing for more control resistors.

      As you have probably found ourt by now, there are plenty of designs that
      make noise but only a few are pleasing to the ear and even fewer are worth
      listening to for any length of time. Those are the keepers.

      I have no idea what your circuit sounds like so a small (?) audio file to
      the file section might be nice.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Wilf Rigter" <wrigter@d...> wrote:
        > Hi Tom,
        >
        > Well here is a quicky mod of your original circuit

        Many thanks, Wilf; I will try it this weekend.

        > I have no idea what your circuit sounds like so a small (?) audio
        file to the file section might be nice.

        It will never replace the piano! As I said, respy. I was playing
        with your sound effects circuit (still looking for the original post
        of that!) and will try switching its enable pins with the mod you
        have here to see what I get.

        Keep BEAMing and dreaming
        Tom