Re: Anyone try this?

  • jonscc5
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      try ebay, theres lots of cheap pager motors there
      get a tray of 50 for as low a price as possible
      i payed 80 cents each for my pager motors and could've gone lower if
      i wanted to spend some time bidding

      don't bid over 40 dollars for a tray of 50

      -jonathan

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "catberthr13" <catberthr13@y...> wrote:
      > I was looking at the motor section on www.solarbotics.com, and
      > discovered that the tiny pager motors cost a whopping 6 bucks each
      > (I dont have mcuh spare money)! I was trying to think of another
      > place I could easily buy the same type of motors cheaply. I thought
      > for a while (yeah, it hurt) that maybe it would be possible to use
      > the motors for the new ultra-small R/C cars, that are in most toy
      > stores, and come in cheap accesory packs for something less than 6
      > bucks. I am not sure on the reduction of the gears, or the name of
      > these small R/C cars (I think its microsizers), but it would be
      > great if someone could tell me if they are a good idea to use in a
      > small BEAm robot?
    • Adam
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        I've acutually been thinging of converting the cat itself into a
        photovore (i guess it'd be kinda like the Alf bot.)
        and another idea i had, though i'm not into aquabots that much, was
        to use the turning mechanism (the magnet and 2 electromagnets) as
        the back fin of an aquabot, it's be pretty efficient i think. if
        someone tries this stuff, please let me know how if works.

        Adam