bare bones pvore battery charging mechanism ..Wilf/Grant a question?

  • roborancher
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2003
      Wilf,

      Can you simply insert the BBPV (74AC240)circuit where the "circle" M
      is marked? I would like to use the following parts - what variations
      to your circuit would be necessary? I am currently using them in
      Grant's "BBPV with Battery Backup" and they work very well.

      2 - 2200uF Caps
      2422 Solarcell
      2 - 1.2v 150mAh NiMh batteries

      Thanks for your response.

      Mike

    • roborancher
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 2, 2003
        RE:
        SE plus reserve charger and dark detector.gif

        Can you add LED's to indicate level of activity - Green when it is
        running on solar and charging the battery and red when it is only
        charging the battery. This would be a visual trigger to items 3 and
        4

        Thoughts???

        Thanks,

        Mike

        :

      • Ori
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 2, 2003
          > Can you add LED's to indicate level of activity - Green when it is
          <...>
          > Thoughts???

          LEDs mean more current that the robot *isn't* going to use... generally, if
          your robot isn't just an ornament (pummer or other BLFNAR), or using LEDs
          for head lockon indication, you don't turn on LEDs in your solar
          application.

          Ori