Slow pulsar

  • Bill Bigge
    Message 1 of 33 , May 22, 2003
      I'm trying to put together a simple circuit to fade a string of LED's on
      and off slowly. It needs to drive ten LED's in parallel and turn them
      on and off slowly to give a nice slow pulsating effect, all running off
      a 3v supply (2x AA batteries).

      So far I've got a circuit consisting of a suspended bicore that outputs
      through an inverter to a resistor capacitor circuit to the base of a
      2222 that drives the LED's. To get the desired effect I had to use a
      2200uf capacitor and a 1k resistor in the RC circuit. With a smaller
      cap and a larger resistor there isn't enough current to drive the
      transistor properly so the LED's are very dim. This big capacitor makes
      the whole thing bulky and I think I've got a less than optimal, or
      elegant, solution.

      Any suggestions for an alternative. . .

      Bill

      -----------------