RE: [beam] photodiodes..or are they...

  • Alex Roy
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
      --- McGinnes Mark <Mark.McGinnes@...>
      wrote: > they could be IR recievers. how many legs do
      they
      > have?

      two, and i'm fairly sure that are not IR recievers,
      i've gotten some of those, but these are different,
      you can find them in VCR's, they are fairly well
      hidden, but once you rip away the plastic keeping most
      of the light out, you find them there. they are
      attached to most of the motor modules.

    • Alex Roy
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
        --- Ori <sbarbut@...> wrote: > Or they could
        be IR LEDs! You wouldn't know if those
        > are on or not. What you
        > have to do is look at it through the screen (not the
        > viewfinder) of a
        > digital camera, while you apply current to it. If
        > you see a white or red
        > glow (bright), then it's an IR LED.

        don't think so, they don't look like they are used
        like IR LED's, hey! i got it to work! i'm fine now,
        the led i had hooked up to it just came on when i
        repositioned the monitor from my computer and light
        fell on it, i'm good!
        thanks anyway,
        Alex Roy