Solar walker

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
      What's the best way to power a solar walker (i'm gonna smack whoever
      says "solarcells" or "the sun" ha ha) I mean, what type of solar
      engine should I build? I used a 74AC240 chip... i'm not sure if i
      can eplace it with an hc or hct for lower power consumption... the
      motor is good... it doesn't use too much current. This is for my
      bity bot that can be found here.
      http://www.geocities.com/morrows_end/bitybot

      Adam
    • Alex Roy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
        i don't know how well a SE would work, with the
        constant starting and restarting in the middle of a
        cycle... but if you take a bunch of solarcells you can
        wire them up together to get the right amount of
        voltage/current. that way it works continuosly. but
        i'm thinking a time based SE would work the best, as
        you coul have it fire at a time that would not mess
        with the current cycle.

        --- Adam <morrows_end@...> wrote: > What's the
        best way to power a solar walker (i'm
        > gonna smack whoever
        > says "solarcells" or "the sun" ha ha) I mean, what
        > type of solar
        > engine should I build? I used a 74AC240 chip... i'm
        > not sure if i
        > can eplace it with an hc or hct for lower power
        > consumption... the
        > motor is good... it doesn't use too much current.
        > This is for my
        > bity bot that can be found here.
        > http://www.geocities.com/morrows_end/bitybot
        >
        > Adam

      • Adam
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
          see, I';d much rather use batteries, but there are no batts that
          small that have enough current. If there is a way to up the current
          from watch batts or 3 volt lithiums,(in a way that is VERY small in
          size) them someone please tell me how.

          Adam