Re: [beam] Gosh I Love Fallacies (was: Re: Got jacked by the shack.....)

  • sebastiaan van Vliet
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 2 6:39 AM
      just mentioning that beam is not american, there seem to be other nations
      involved too, as far as the concept of other nations fits the american
      thought....

      i don't think that the beam community is only 600 beamers in america buying
      at ratshack..

      >From: "Ori" <sbarbut@...>
      >To: <beam@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [beam] Gosh I Love Fallacies (was: Re: Got jacked by the
      >shack.....)
      >Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:22:20 -0400
      >
      > > This is simply the wrong argument.
      >
      >what would be the relevant
      > > difference between roboticists or any other sort of small-scale hobbyist
      > > buying things at RS actually be??? Are you implying that the cohort
      > > involved is only our little 600 member community???
      >
      > from whence does this imaginary, pulled out of thin
      > > air "billion dollar bucket" come from??
      > >

      > > Bzzzt!
      > >
      > > YFH
      >
      >Ohhh! The buzzer sounds, and it looks like the score is 5 for our friendly
      >hogfather, and 0 for Myc! Ouch! :) And the hogfather only mentioned the big
      >mistakes in Myc's message :)
      >
      >I thought that everyone was going to ignore Myc's messages :)
      >
      >Ori

      _ _
      /|о| |о|\
      // ¯\\≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡//¯ \\ See
      the ultimate BEAM machine
      || \//\__/\\/ || Being built on
      || \\/ \// || www.geocities.com/beamnet
      \| ¯ ¯ |/
    • Wrighter
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 10 1:09 PM
        I live in Central/South Jersey, near Philadelphia. The small radio
        shack near my embarrassingly yuppy town is the one that always has
        the special deals. I think it is because they have a very small
        store, and thus not much shelf space.

        Cheers,
        Wrighter