Re: Question about Solar regulator for pummer

  • shenri
    Message 1 of 43 , Oct 1, 2002
      Yep, I had the same problem. Try using a different color for the led
      that regulates the voltage. I ended up using a small 2mm green led.

      Let me know if it works.

      Steve.

      --- In beam@y..., "Wrighter" <wrighterpessimist@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings all,
      >
      > So I was looking at the pummer pages on sb.net, and came across
      > Wilf's Solar regulator. It basically charges up the capacitor to
      > around 5v, but when it gets dark, outputs a constant 2v on the
      > outputs. I breadboarded the circuit, and it works ok, except the
      > output is more like 1.7v. This just barely runs my LEDs. I am using
      > an N914 diode, as I don't have any of the Germanium variety. Could
      > this be the cause?
      > Any ideas on increasing the voltage on the outputs?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Wrighter the Pummer Obsessed.
    • Wrighter
      Message 43 of 43 , Oct 10, 2002
        I live in Central/South Jersey, near Philadelphia. The small radio
        shack near my embarrassingly yuppy town is the one that always has
        the special deals. I think it is because they have a very small
        store, and thus not much shelf space.

        Cheers,
        Wrighter