Re: [beam] Re: 6 leg 3 motor walker

  • Ray Diaz
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002

      Yep. Geocities is too crappy. I had to move my page from there because it kept giving me that "exceeded allocated data transfer" error. And that's when I didn't have any videos on my page.

      Angelfire.com is much better than Geocities.

       Ori wrote:

      > Where's your page?  I'd really like to see your critter!

      Richard, take a look at the notice when you try to go to his page:

      "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
      transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

      Access to this site will be restored within an hour."

      Perhaps the three videos are large, and it only took a few people viewing
      them to exceed the transfer limit.

      Ray.

      http://raysbeambots.solarbotics.net

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • duck04_1999
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
        Yes geocities is crappy but they r good in some ways i guess. but if
        u know html well enough u should move over to Angelfire.com. i my
        self rebuilt my www.duckrobotics.tk site at angelfire.com and made it
        way better than what i had been doing at geocities. my site at
        angelfire.com is http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/duckrobotics/
        plz check it out and sign my guest book and vote on the poll i have
        there. and any pictures or text that is from another site i always
        give credit too.

        Regards,
        Duck

        --- In beam@y..., Ray Diaz <raydiaz8@y...> wrote:

        > Yep. Geocities is too crappy. I had to move my page from there
        because it kept giving me that "exceeded allocated data transfer"
        error. And that's when I didn't have any videos on my page.
        > Angelfire.com is much better than Geocities.
        > Ori wrote:> Where's your page? I'd really like to see your
        critter!

        > Richard, take a look at the notice when you try to go to his page:
        >
        > "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated
        data
        > transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
        >
        > Access to this site will be restored within an hour."
        >
        > Perhaps the three videos are large, and it only took a few people
        viewing
        > them to exceed the transfer limit.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

        > Ray.
        >
        > http://raysbeambots.solarbotics.net

      • wilf_nv
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 4, 2002
          Very ENTertaining!

          wilf

          --- In beam@y..., "Frankendaddy" <richard@r...> wrote:
          > I guess that I was being a bit hasty (Hoom, hoom). I guess you can
          > call me Quickbeam!
          >
          > Richard
          >
          > p.s. Anybody catch the reference?
        • JOHN PUDDY
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 5, 2002
            rameses

            great looking walker and good information on your site for putting a shaft encoder onto the servo - I will definately be making use of those, since I am building a wheeled robot and need to make sure it drives in a straight line when I tell it to do so.

            will post my website hopefully this week so will keep all up to date

            jp

            John Puddy - M.Eng. (Hons)
            Avionics Systems Research Engineer
            Westland Helicopters

            Tel: 01935 702288
            Fax: 01935 703752
          • wilf_nv
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 5, 2002
              Welcome to the group Charley!

              Looks from the robot in motion that you used a normal microcore
              circuit with the front and rear drivers connected in parallel to Nv1
              and Nv3 and the middle motor driver connected to Nv2 and Nv4.

              Front and rear motors have vertical shafts and the middle motor shaft
              is horizontal.

              The big advantage of this 6 motor arrangement is that it is naturally
              balanced with the weight distributed on three legs - no worries about
              tuning the mass and legs of the robot..

              The traction is more than doubled with the two driving legs and I
              notice you increased friction on the middle leg by adding "feet".

              Standard reverser and turn circuits should work better than with 2
              motor 4 legged walkers. Should work with a standard MS bicore
              controller too.

              Are you using the servo optical encoders for this bot? I could make
              some suggestions to improve the encoders if you like.

              Very nice job plus you got some excellent web pages.

              regards

              wilf

              --- In beam@y..., "rameses32" <rameses32@y...> wrote:
              > I just uploaded 1 pic and 3 vids of the 6 leg walker I am working
              on.
              > http://www.geocities.com/rameses32 . It is a bit different than the
              > standard hex walker design, instead of linking the right legs
              > together and the left legs together, I built it more like a 4 leg 2
              > motor walker. I am very happy with the results, leg shape is not
              very
              > critical, climbs easily over 1" objects, and can, after a bit of
              > trying, climb over 3" objects. It doesn't turn as sharply as the
              > standard 3 motor hex walker, but it has a better walking gait for
              > getting over or out of situations. And it seems to have a more
              > nateural gait as well, because the legs can drift, and in certain
              > situations, turn allmost completely sideways, and straighten out
              > automatically when walking becomes easy again. Right now it uses a
              > 74HC14 Microcore, driving stacked 74HC240s aranged as single motor
              > drivers. I'll be updating my webpage this week, I'll post here when
              > it is done. Let me know what you think:)
              > Charley
            • xycon_3
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 5, 2002
                Well, Wilf beat me to it, but you were referring to the call of the
                Ents from "The Two Towers" by J.R.R. Tolkien. Treebeard the Ent used
                it at the beginning of practically every sentence. Tolkien lover-

                -xycon

                --- In beam@y..., "Frankendaddy" <richard@r...> wrote:
                > p.s. Anybody catch the reference?
              • Frankendaddy
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 5, 2002
                  Righty-O. Ding, dong, derry-O!

                  Can't wait for the next movie to come out to see how butchered it
                  ends up being. Ah, well as with most legendary things, it grows with
                  the telling. I just wish that they hadn't cowtowed to that witch Liv
                  Tyler! Arr! (says I, using me best pirate voice!)

                  Nonetheless, I enjoyed the movie-O.

                  F-Diddy

                  p.s. Any takers on the subject line?
                • wilf_nv
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 6, 2002
                    Old Tom's a friend indeed when hugged by a nasty tempered willow or
                    vactioning in the Barrow Downs.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 6, 2002
                      I've often wondered if old willow man was a Huorn...

                      F-Diddy
                    • Gord Mitchell
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 6, 2002
                        Rocky Horror picture show! .. Your a hot dog.....
                        Frankenfurter!

                        http://finance.yahoo.com