symet problem

  • danny broers
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      Guys,

      I need some help, I built a new symet using a 1381SE and 5 1000uF caps. The
      motor is the pancake motor from a MCM2 and the whole thing is powered by a
      2224 Solar cell. The problem is this: It works under my desk light (when I
      hold it real close) and it doesn't work in full sunlight. Can someone
      please tell me how I can make it work correctly, I have no idea what could
      be wrong, I've built 1381se's before and never had a problem.

      Thanks in advance,
      Danny
    • Ori
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
        Hi Danny,

        Your SE is locking up. Try doing one (or both, if neither work) of the
        following:

        0.22uF cap across pins 2 and 3 of your 1381
        0.22uF cap across motor leads

        Hope that helps!

        Ori

        > I need some help, I built a new symet using a 1381SE and 5 1000uF caps.
        The
        > motor is the pancake motor from a MCM2 and the whole thing is powered by a
        > 2224 Solar cell. The problem is this: It works under my desk light (when I
        > hold it real close) and it doesn't work in full sunlight. Can someone
        > please tell me how I can make it work correctly, I have no idea what could
        > be wrong, I've built 1381se's before and never had a problem.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Danny

      • danny broers
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2002