Something about M. Tilden

  • Soldering Gun Guy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2002
      Hello,

      Take a look at this little thing I found about Tilden and BEAM robots:

      César Blum Silveira
      __________________________
      http://www.beaminvasion.tk
      MSN - cesarbs490@...
      Yahoo! Messenger - cesar5492
      ICQ - 162917461
    • Gord Mitchell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        Hey all

        I just scraped a E-Charger airplane. It picked it up
        in a rat shack bargan bin. It didn't fly well so I
        disected it.

        It has a really small RM1 shaped motor but only around
        1/2 long and a cap. You use a "Charger" with 4 aa
        cells to charge it then toss it into the air.

        Using 2 aa cells the motor spins the geared prop quite
        fast.

        Has anyone any infor on the E Chargers? It has a cap
        (striped) the size of a 3300uf 16V cap. How can I
        tell what rating the cap is without it's covering?

        I tried reversing the leads and it powers up the motor
        just fine. Can it be a huge mono cap?

        Gord

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • andypangca
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
          Hi Gord,

          How about this ? E-charger conversion on rcgroups :

          http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=376149de79d3e77d11317e
          55ca0e8582&threadid=42537&highlight=echarger

          enjoy

          Andy

          --- In beam@y..., Gord Mitchell <gord_1812@y...> wrote:

          > Hey all
          >
          > I just scraped a E-Charger airplane. It picked it up
          > in a rat shack bargan bin. It didn't fly well so I
          > disected it.
          >
          > It has a really small RM1 shaped motor but only around
          > 1/2 long and a cap. You use a "Charger" with 4 aa
          > cells to charge it then toss it into the air.
          >
          > Using 2 aa cells the motor spins the geared prop quite
          > fast.
          >
          > Has anyone any infor on the E Chargers? It has a cap
          > (striped) the size of a 3300uf 16V cap. How can I
          > tell what rating the cap is without it's covering?
          >
          > I tried reversing the leads and it powers up the motor
          > just fine. Can it be a huge mono cap?
          >
          > Gord

          > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        • Dave Hrynkiw
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
            At 05:36 PM 01/07/2002, Gord Mitchell wrote:
            >Has anyone any infor on the E Chargers? It has a cap
            >(striped) the size of a 3300uf 16V cap. How can I
            >tell what rating the cap is without it's covering?

            It's our friend, the Panasonic AL Gold cap, 1.5F @ 2.5V. They're a bit
            disproportionately large, but work well!

            Regards,
            Dave
            "Um, no - that's H,R,Y,N,K,I,W. No, not K,I,U,U, K,I,_W_. Yes,
            that's right. Yes, I know it looks like "HOCKYRINK." Yup, only
            2 vowels. Pronounciation? _SMITH_".
            http://www.solarbotics.com
          • Gord Mitchell
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
              Hey Andy T%hanks for the link.

              I got some infor but the site is very confusing to
              navagate. I tried signing up so I could reply to some
              posts but after a few attempts I said !@#$ It.

              Gord

              http://sbc.yahoo.com