FLED Head V1

  • wilf rigter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
      head circuit. It is based on a combination of Tilden's h-bridge and the FLED
      SE. I have tested it with various motors, and it works well even in
      moderate light. it triggers at about 2.6V every 15 seconds with a 100w lamp
      at 2 feet. Should be easy to adapt to photopopper design as well. You can
      also power this circuit from a 3V-9V battery with a suitable series
      resistor (100-1500 ohm). With the 9V battery you can also put a regular LED
      and 1K resistor in series with the battery as a kind of pummer.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
        Thanks Wilf

        I would like to know if this is the same principal has a normal h-bridge
        free-form.
        Like this:
        http://www.beam-online.com/Robots/Tutorials/Freeform/H-bridge/hbridge.html

        I think the answer is YES, just add a look at it. It is quite simple. I will
        try this circuit and give you result.

        I will try my robot with only 2N3904 and 2N3906, is there a problem for
        doing this?? I know that the 2N2907 and 2N2222 can deliver higher maximum
        current at better efficiency ratings.

        These are transistor that I got free so I will try 2N3904 with 2N3906 and if
        it doesn't work I will try 2N2907 and 2N2222 .

        Thanks again Wilf for the circuit

        PS- I have made a one chip obstacle avoiding with back up plus light seeking
        ability. Using 74AC240. Only three components for the moment, 2 photodiode
        and a capacitor to lower the frequency of oscillation and reduce power
        consumption. ;-)

        Jérôme Demers
        "Insectroïdes" the next generation of insects
        http://robomaniac.solarbotics.net

        > head circuit. It is based on a combination of Tilden's h-bridge and the
        FLED
        > SE. I have tested it with various motors, and it works well even in
        > moderate light. it triggers at about 2.6V every 15 seconds with a 100w
        lamp
        > at 2 feet. Should be easy to adapt to photopopper design as well. You can
        > also power this circuit from a 3V-9V battery with a suitable series
        > resistor (100-1500 ohm). With the 9V battery you can also put a regular
        LED
        > and 1K resistor in series with the battery as a kind of pummer.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • wilf rigter
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
          yes, the freeform can be used as a basic template but the resistor inputs
          are connected to the motor outputs and remember to bring out two extra leads
          to make PD connections to the other side of the input resistors. I am still
          not entirely happy with the FLED v1 head design since it locks up in bright
          light. I want a robust design that keeps working under all light conditions
          (except perhaps pitch black) and preferably displays interesting variations
          in behavior over the bright to dark light range.

          Some people prefer to work out all the bugs and show only the finished
          product. I am happy to share work in progress as a learning experience of
          how ideas evolve and how problems are solved.

          So stay tuned as the FLED head experiments continue.

          > I would like to know if this is the same principal has a normal h-bridge
          > free-form.
          > Like this:
          > http://www.beam-online.com/Robots/Tutorials/Freeform/H-bridge/hbridge.html
          >
          > I think the answer is YES, just add a look at it. It is quite simple. I
          will
          > try this circuit and give you result.
          >
          > I will try my robot with only 2N3904 and 2N3906, is there a problem for
          > doing this?? I know that the 2N2907 and 2N2222 can deliver higher maximum
          > current at better efficiency ratings.
          >
          > These are transistor that I got free so I will try 2N3904 with 2N3906 and
          if
          > it doesn't work I will try 2N2907 and 2N2222 .
          >
          > Thanks again Wilf for the circuit
          >
          > PS- I have made a one chip obstacle avoiding with back up plus light
          seeking
          > ability. Using 74AC240. Only three components for the moment, 2 photodiode
          > and a capacitor to lower the frequency of oscillation and reduce power
          > consumption. ;-)
          >
          > Jérôme Demers
          > "Insectroïdes" the next generation of insects
          > http://robomaniac.solarbotics.net

          FLED
          > SE
          > > head circuit. It is based on a combination of Tilden's h-bridge and the
          > FLED
          > > SE. I have tested it with various motors, and it works well even in
          > > moderate light. it triggers at about 2.6V every 15 seconds with a 100w
          > lamp
          > > at 2 feet. Should be easy to adapt to photopopper design as well. You
          can
          > > also power this circuit from a 3V-9V battery with a suitable series
          > > resistor (100-1500 ohm). With the 9V battery you can also put a regular
          > LED
          > > and 1K resistor in series with the battery as a kind of pummer.
          > >
          > > wilf

        • Gord Mitchell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
            Hey Wilf
            Did you see the scematic I posted? The one that Frans
            Storms gave me? If you did do you see any way to make
            it work better? it does work but takes a long time to
            move after it's first step.

            Gord

            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • wilf rigter
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2002
              Didn't I post a revision of that circuit adding a couple of diodes? I'll
              have another look and let you know.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2002
                Hi Wilf

                I looked in my files but don't see it. I'll have a
                look in the files section and I'll post the Scematic
                Frans gave me as well.

                Gord

                --- wilf rigter <wilf.rigter@...> wrote:

                > Didn't I post a revision of that circuit adding a
                > couple of diodes? I'll
                > have another look and let you know.

                === message truncated ===

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 5, 2002
                  Hi Wilf

                  I looked in my files but don't see it. I'll have a
                  look in the files section and I'll post the Scematic
                  Frans gave me as well.

                  Gord

                  --- wilf rigter <wilf.rigter@...> wrote:

                  > Didn't I post a revision of that circuit adding a
                  > couple of diodes? I'll
                  > have another look and let you know.

                  === message truncated ===

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 5, 2002
                    Hi Wilf

                    I looked in my files but don't see it. I'll have a
                    look in the files section and I'll post the Scematic
                    Frans gave me as well.

                    Gord

                    --- wilf rigter <wilf.rigter@...> wrote:

                    > Didn't I post a revision of that circuit adding a
                    > couple of diodes? I'll
                    > have another look and let you know.

                    === message truncated ===

                    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com