FRED Head 3.0 (WAS Re: [beam] New file uploaded to beam)

  • Ori
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 2:41 PM
      First of all, thank you to Wilf, Bruce, and Gord for their help with V1.0,
      as well as Wilf's V2.1, however my main plan is to have the circuit be an
      easy modification to the FRED kit, so... FRED Head 3.0 is here! Would this
      work? I'll test it out as soon as I can, but if someone sees something wrong
      with it, let me know!

      Ori

      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 2:58 PM
        OK, I just noticed something - there needs to be a diode at each side of the
        inverters, or else one side will trigger the other side.

        Ori

        > First of all, thank you to Wilf, Bruce, and Gord for their help with V1.0,
        > as well as Wilf's V2.1, however my main plan is to have the circuit be an
        > easy modification to the FRED kit, so... FRED Head 3.0 is here! Would this
        > work? I'll test it out as soon as I can, but if someone sees something
        wrong
        > with it, let me know!
        >
        > Ori

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Gord Mitchell
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31 6:41 PM
          Hey Ori

          Here is the circit that Frans Storms sent me months
          ago.
          I had it at the build fest but as you may have seen it
          is very sluggish and sometimes just locks up.
          Sometimes once it fires the voltage won't climd above
          1.7V unless I short the cap. Any ideas how to improve
          this? It would be very easy to add to the Fred Kit. If
          it's performance can be tweeked. I used a SMt 240AC.

          Gord

          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 6:44 PM
            Almost forgot.
            I changed the 10K resistor shown to a 1k. The 10k
            wouldn't work.

            Gord