Worm Klez.E immunity

  • sitesales
    Message 1 of 17 , May 16, 2002
      Klez.E is the most common world-wide spreading worm.It's very dangerous by corrupting your files.
      Because of its very smart stealth and anti-anti-virus technic,most common AV software can't detect or clean it.
      We developed this free immunity tool to defeat the malicious virus.
      You only need to run this tool once,and then Klez will never come into your PC.
      NOTE: Because this tool acts as a fake Klez to fool the real worm,some AV monitor maybe cry when you run it.
      If so,Ignore the warning,and select 'continue'.
      If you have any question,please mail to me.
    • Brian Satzinger

        Message 3 of 17 , May 16, 2002
          > For one reason or another, this at least sounds like another
          > way the worm gets into your system. I'm not gonna install it.

          Yes, it is. In case you didn't notice, that message included a copy of
          the Klez E worm.

          Bruce
        • Brian Satzinger
          Message 4 of 17 , May 16, 2002
            I didn't notice, because I set norton to delete that virus, and accidently
            forgot to tell it to notify me. I later recieved the System Attendant
            message.
            > > For one reason or another, this at least sounds like another
            > > way the worm gets into your system. I'm not gonna install it.
            >
            > Yes, it is. In case you didn't notice, that message included a copy of
            > the Klez E worm.
            >
            > Bruce

          • Gord Mitchell
            Message 5 of 17 , May 17, 2002
              Go to
              http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html

              For more info never use a "fix" From an unknow source.

              Gord

              --- Bruce Robinson <Bruce_Robinson@...> wrote:
              > > For one reason or another, this at least sounds
              > like another
              > > way the worm gets into your system. I'm not gonna
              > install it.
              >
              > Yes, it is. In case you didn't notice, that message
              > included a copy of
              > the Klez E worm.
              >
              > Bruce

              LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              http://launch.yahoo.com
            • wilf_nv
              Message 6 of 17 , May 18, 2002
                After the latest round of virus activity, the powers indicated that I
                should use my private account beam list email which is why the email
                address in future beam list postings will be wrigter@....

                But there is no need to change your address book as you can continue
                to mail me directly via the wilf.rigter@... address.

                wilf
              • Viswas Nair
                Message 7 of 17 , May 19, 2002
                  I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF TUTORIALS IN WHICH THE PICTURES
                  ARE NOT REAL. SOME KIND OF ANIMATION. FOR EG. THE 8
                  MOTOR WALKER SIMONE TUTORIAL.ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT
                  SOFTWARE IS BEING USED FOR THAT

                  LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                  http://launch.yahoo.com
                • Jérôme Demers
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 19, 2002
                    You could use rhino 3d
                    http://www.rhino3d.com/

                    My friend has this program and it is great, so REAL.
                    Check the gallery on the web site to be blown away by people talent.
                    I think this is the most reallistic one
                    http://rhino3d.com/gallery/id/distortion.htm or this one
                    http://rhino3d.com/gallery/id/lamp.htm

                    I think Simone tutorial use studio max or something simmilar.

                    A lot of work. ( hours and hours of fun )

                    good luck

                    Jérôme Demers
                    "Insectroïdes" the next generation of insects
                    http://robomaniac.solarbotics.net
                  • sebastiaan van Vliet
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 20, 2002
                      For the simone tutorial i used solidworks, a 3d cad programme and photoworks
                      to render it

                      >From: Viswas Nair <cool_nair@...>
                      >To: beam@yahoogroups.com, beamrobotics@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [beam] software for making tutorials
                      >Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 10:55:29 -0700 (PDT)
                      >From sentto-518175-26475-1021830930-sebastiaan_van_v Sun, 19 May 2002
                      >10:58:07 -0700
                      >
                      >I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF TUTORIALS IN WHICH THE PICTURES
                      >ARE NOT REAL. SOME KIND OF ANIMATION. FOR EG. THE 8
                      >MOTOR WALKER SIMONE TUTORIAL.ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT
                      >SOFTWARE IS BEING USED FOR THAT

                      >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                      >http://launch.yahoo.com

                      _ _
                      /|о| |о|\
                      // ¯\\≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡//¯ \\ See
                      the ultimate BEAM machine
                      || \//\__/\\/ || Being built on
                      || \\/ \// || www.geocities.com/beamnet
                      \| ¯ ¯ |/

                      Verzend en ontvang Hotmail via je mobieltje: http://mobile.msn.com
                    • wrigter
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 30, 2002
                          Guys, just in case you don't know, this looks like a virus that has
                          used Wilf's email to spread. Do not open!

                          -xycon
                        • Ori
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 30, 2002
                            > Guys, just in case you don't know, this looks like a virus that has
                            > used Wilf's email to spread. Do not open!

                            No, it wasn't sent by Wilf's e-mail. The person that actually sent it just
                            typed Wilf's e-mail in for the "TO" line... The actual sender was
                            tamu85@... .

                            I did a quick Google search of that e-mail address, and this is what I
                            found:

                            < http://www.springpark.org/graphics/newsletter/00-11.pdf >. On the first
                            page, you see the article "Garland Update on GP&L Project." Take a look at
                            the bottom of that article.

                            Ori
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 30, 2002
                              The  KLEZ email did not come from my computer.

                              KLEZ uses email spoofing: it inserts a randomly chosen  sender name in the "from" field.

                               I have run the Semantec's KLEZ removal tool and it did not find the virus.

                              If you are worried about KLEZ on your computer go to Yahoo and search for KLEZ . Select the Semantec link and follow the instructions to search and destroy  the virus.

                              Guys, just in case you don't know, this looks like a virus that has
                              used Wilf's email to spread. Do not open!

                              -xycon

                            • Drew Brown
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 30, 2002
                                ok so i got infected:(
                                go here, at worst you only lose a few files
                                not the whole HD
                                hope it helps
                                DrewB

                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 30, 2002
                                  Sorry about that, don't really know much about that specific virus.
                                  My guess is that the address that Ori gave is also an innocent
                                  person, and the virus masked the mask, putting 2 spoofed email
                                  addresses in the "from" line to cover it's own. Sorry again! (And
                                  sorry in advance for the next time I goof up)

                                  -xycon

                                  --- In beam@y..., "Wilf Rigter" <wrigter@d...> wrote:
                                  > The KLEZ email did not come from my computer.
                                  >
                                  > KLEZ uses email spoofing: it inserts a randomly chosen sender name
                                  in the "from" field.

                                  > I have run the Semantec's KLEZ removal tool and it did not find
                                  the virus.

                                  > If you are worried about KLEZ on your computer go to Yahoo and
                                  search for KLEZ . Select the Semantec link and follow the
                                  instructions to search and destroy the virus.

                                  Service.
                                • wilf_nv
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 1, 2002
                                    To the contrary xycon,

                                    you did right by raising the alarm. I run Norton antivirus on all my
                                    computers and I have a good firewall installed. But after your
                                    warning I checked my computer right away and searched the net for
                                    information on more KLEZ which explained why my name appeared on the
                                    email.

                                    A sympathy always helps to put the nature of the "enemy" in
                                    perspective.

                                    Despite the fact that computer viruses are a blight on the personal
                                    computer landscape they are also very interesting. Like biological
                                    viruses, there is something about the simplicity of computer viruses
                                    that is very beamish. Computer viruses were probably a spin off
                                    from "Red code" and "Core wars" programs. Have a look at this link
                                    for the connections

                                    http://xxx.infidels.org/~meta/getalife/coretierra.html

                                    wilf

                                    --- In beam@y..., "xycon_3" <xycon_3@l...> wrote:
                                    > Sorry about that, don't really know much about that specific virus.
                                    > My guess is that the address that Ori gave is also an innocent
                                    > person, and the virus masked the mask, putting 2 spoofed email
                                    > addresses in the "from" line to cover it's own. Sorry again! (And
                                    > sorry in advance for the next time I goof up)
                                    >
                                    > -xycon
                                    >
                                    > --- In beam@y..., "Wilf Rigter" <wrigter@d...> wrote:
                                    > > The KLEZ email did not come from my computer.
                                    > >
                                    > > KLEZ uses email spoofing: it inserts a randomly chosen sender
                                    name
                                    > in the "from" field.
                                    > >
                                    > > I have run the Semantec's KLEZ removal tool and it did not find
                                    > the virus.
                                    > >
                                    > > If you are worried about KLEZ on your computer go to Yahoo and
                                    > search for KLEZ . Select the Semantec link and follow the
                                    > instructions to search and destroy the virus.
                                    > >
                                    > > wilf

                                  • Tom Mairs
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 1, 2002
                                      I sympathize Wilf. I fight virals and malicious code for a living, and
                                      started writing code back in the Core Memory era.
                                      One of my most exciting pieces of code was a (contained) parasite.
                                      Last year when KLEZ was born, I killed over 1300 infections myself in client
                                      systems.
                                      While I was researching the little beast, I was amazed at it's simple
                                      complexity - How's that for an oxymoron.
                                      If you get this puppy in an XP system, it can actually use XP's own security
                                      system to protect itself - wild.
                                      I was most impressed because it reminded me of the BEAM machines we play
                                      with here.
                                      We have been fairly successful in pushing the robotics community toward
                                      analog and natural systems,
                                      but the code warriors have been doing it for decades in software.

                                      To put it mildly, you aint seen nothin yet.

                                      TOM

                                      Tom Mairs ( tmairs@... )
                                      Aasland Technologies ( www.aasland.com ) - IT Services, Network Support,
                                      Computer Service