battery use when breadboarding

  • roborancher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2002
      I recall seeing a post in the past regarding using a battery in
      place of a solar cell when testing a SE circuit (1381/FRED) should
      the light not be right. I can't seem to locate it in the archive.
      Anybody have any thoughts.

      Thanks,
      Mike
    • wrighterpessimist
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2002
        Seems to me that you could "simulate" a solarcell by using either a
        battery or a bench powersupply and using resisters to limit the
        current output to that of the solarcell that you wish to use in the
        final product.

        Cheers,
        Wrighter