parts for my chiuvore

  • joe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2000
      Hello! sorry if you got this more than once, I am trying to figure
      out the list!

      I am making a photovore from Chiu's tutorial and was wondering about
      a few things:

      1. Solar panels. I am going to purchase all of the remaining parts I
      need at solarbotics, and was looking at the two small solar panels
      they have, the 3.5 volt and the 2.7 v. Chiu says you need at least
      3.5 v, so should I get that one event though the current and wattage
      is lower than the bigger one? I also need a new panel for my
      solaroller kit, because it's pane snapped. which should I get?

      2. Speeding it up, as in charging time. I would like it to take
      smaller steps more often. Can I do this JUST by using a 1000uF cap
      instead of a 4700uF cap? Can I use a 1000uF cap that I got off my old
      vcr and save a buck anyhow? also, at what level are caps dangerous,
      like they could shock you? I suppose I could also speed it up by
      changing the flavor of the v trigger. If I used E instead of J would
      it not work as well? Also, would I then be able to use the larger,
      2.7v solar panel?

      3. Touch sensors. Instead of dishing out a week and a half of
      allowance, could I make sensors out of the buttons from my vcr? does
      anyone know anything about them or about the tactile sensors from
      solarbotics?

      Thank you very, very much, and I appreciate any answers.

      PS: I recieved my order from gateway elex today; a breadboard, wires
      for it, and 6 tiny pager motors. I saved $72 on the motors! and they
      come with the weight and the nice plastic casing. speaking of which,
      how do I take that weight off?

      PPS: Sorry for asking so many questions!