Tiny RC Cars

  • Hallberg, Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Tiny RC Cars

      My apologies if everyone's already seen these. Not beam, but potentially hackable; or at least inspiration!

      http://www.marine-monsters.com/front/products/digiq.html

      Blatantly ripped from Slashdot:

      http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/01/0639218&mode=thread&tid=159

      "My brother-in-law bought two micro RC cars in Japan for me. They are both smaller than a matchbox. DigiQ from Takara is infrared-controlled, has two independent rear wheels powered by two tiny motors, and comes with a pistol-style analog controller. Bit Char-G from Tomy (Tomica) is radio-controlled, single-motor rear wheel drive, front wheel steering, and comes with an awkward controller with forward/backward + left/right switches. You really need to see the video clips to appreciate how small and maneuverable these cars are. I personally like DigiQ more, because of its powerful motors and analog controls. On the other hand, Bit Char-G has an extensive line of hop-ups and accessories. DigiQ sells for $50-$80 and Bit Char-G for $30-$50."